Pine log for milling Salem, NH area or other ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Reaction score
I know this isn't saw specific but wanted to start on the saw forum.

We have a job coming up where there are many very straight and perfect tall pines ideal for milling into whatever. Job is in Salem, NH. Instead of chipping it and cutting bigger chunks to dump at the tub grinder guy we would welcome anyone w/ access to a log truck to come and take em.

We will be using a crane (National Boom truck) and if not ridiculously far from Salem, NH we could deliver the logs too by stacking several on the crane bed and drop them wherever.

This is where it would really be a shame to junk such perfect trees for milling.
Anyone know anyone to reach out to? It is standard white pine.

Thanks for ideas.

Google Chested Forest Products from Chested NH. They will want the logs 8',10',12',14', or 16'. They prefer longer logs. I've sold to them before and found them to be very easy to do business with.

If they arn't interested try Dirt Doctors in Pembroke NH. They have a log truck and make thousands of yards of mulch out of logs.

@Boleclimber Thank you! That will be ideal they are only 15 miles from Salem, NH and we can easily give them longer logs.
We will get in touch with them and I think that will work really well.

Thanks again!

Be sure to add 6" of trim. So, a 16" log is actually 16'6" and so on down the line. Given you are craning them down, obviously cut long and measure on the ground. Have yet to see anyone good enough to cut a section to length while in the tree!

Back