Pine tree removal. Very very pic and video heavy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozzy y you ole sly dawg you!

You get some free help ehhhhh lmfao:cheers: It was a great learner tree cut and bomb only one slip up with one hand saw use and I would be lying if I said I have never done it.

I leave enough stub on the stem to stand on so when I'm chunking down the stem I can take some weight off the spurs once in a while. It doesn't work for every piece, but it's nice when there's a good stub to stand on. When it comes time for a piece to be dropped, if I want to take the stubs off, I'll just cut them off before I drop the chunk.

If you're lowering pieces, the stubs can help with tying pieces off but a running bowline with a marl or two holds the chunk pretty well, stub or no stub.

Also, you can have two lanyards if you want. The main wirecore lanyard that is closest to you and a second backup lanyard hanging lower just in case you cut through the main lanyard.

Lol foot rests I leave stubs for rigging limbs to keep them from crashing the spar and sending debris onto roofs at times. I love a good three strand and natural rigging at times. :cheers:

Good thread and good job mate. I'm currently purchasing some new climbing gear for the same reason. The 2nd hand gear I bought proved to be worn out apart from the spikes.
Good to have someone to show you how to do it too :cheers:

Beatiful pics, and beautiful Mac´s too! The 797 is a beast, but the 250 Super´s sound is... I love mine!:hmm3grin2orange:

I leave enough stub on the stem to stand on so when I'm chunking down the stem I can take some weight off the spurs once in a while. It doesn't work for every piece, but it's nice when there's a good stub to stand on. When it comes time for a piece to be dropped, if I want to take the stubs off, I'll just cut them off before I drop the chunk.

If you're lowering pieces, the stubs can help with tying pieces off but a running bowline with a marl or two holds the chunk pretty well, stub or no stub.

Also, you can have two lanyards if you want. The main wirecore lanyard that is closest to you and a second backup lanyard hanging lower just in case you cut through the main lanyard.

I like that idea. Dont think there was any real reason for the ones that were left except for that they were not going to hurt anything. I do like the idea of standing on a branch when possible though, still dont fully trust the spikes yet LOL. Made me real nervous the first time around with out ropes and I gaffed out a few times.

You get some free help ehhhhh lmfao:cheers: It was a great learner tree cut and bomb only one slip up with one hand saw use and I would be lying if I said I have never done it.

Lol foot rests I leave stubs for rigging limbs to keep them from crashing the spar and sending debris onto roofs at times. I love a good three strand and natural rigging at times. :cheers:

Actually I had started this tree on my own and after getting started had some questions and posted them on Arborist 101. Ozzy offered to help me out and show me the ropes so to speak. Would probably still be working on it without his help, or have fallen out and gave up LOL. There was a little bit of rigging involved, all natural, but most of it was cut and bomb. And I know the one handed thing is a no no. But if I am going to do it, I do make sure that if it is going to kick back on me it will go anywhere but at me.

Good thread and good job mate. I'm currently purchasing some new climbing gear for the same reason. The 2nd hand gear I bought proved to be worn out apart from the spikes.
Good to have someone to show you how to do it too :cheers:

Thanks, having someone who know what they are doing makes a huge difference. My level of confidence was much higher and I was able to focus on what I was doing rather than trying not to fall out of the tree LOL. After working with Ozzys gear I ended up ordering my own for Christmas. Just got half of it today. The rope should be here Thursday. I think I will go climb and cut a tree at my parents house that weekend:D.

Beatiful pics, and beautiful Mac´s too! The 797 is a beast, but the 250 Super´s sound is... I love mine!:hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks, I love running those Macs every chance I get. They are heavy and loud, but they are so much fun. I do need to get some newer saws to though. Like a 200t and an 066. Ok I dont need the 066, but it sure would be nice to have LOL. I am sure I could find a use for it:chainsawguy:.

Glad to see that you got to get out and run yours saws Brian. Great pics / vids. That 250 sounds pretty vicious at idle - Sam

Great pics!! Tree service & logging are tough jobs, but climbing seperates the extra manly men from the men. I have a friend thats a climber and that adds alot more danger. Definately gotta know whatcha doin

Back