Pinyon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also heard of it but I have never actually seen what it looks like. I would love to see some pics of the pinyon also.

Shane

181048d1303525559-wood-jpg

Here is a bad pic, when I get back home I can get better pics.
This wood burns very hot, you do have to clean your stove pipe though.....

Here's some! Pinon on the right.
It's the king of pine!

Lotta work, but...

it seems that this is the year of Pinyon. I have about another 8 cords of this stuff to work up. :msp_mellow:
Burns real good :angry: but in order to see anything like production you gotta take everything down to 1 1/2 inches. This is where that little 10" saw comes in handy. I take the tree (big bush?) apart with it standing there. Seems easier to me.

Lots and lots of pitch in this stuff, which is part of the reason for the high heat.

it seems that this is the year of Pinyon. I have about another 8 cords of this stuff to work up. :msp_mellow:
Burns real good :angry: but in order to see anything like production you gotta take everything down to 1 1/2 inches. This is where that little 10" saw comes in handy. I take the tree (big bush?) apart with it standing there. Seems easier to me.

Lots and lots of pitch in this stuff, which is part of the reason for the high heat.

Wait, nevermind, I have seen that stuff here before. I have never cut it though

Shane

I have heard it takes a while to burn because it is a very hard hardwood but it keeps you warm longer :msp_thumbup:

Shane

Back