Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What model is it?
Asking $25; We would enter a whole new ice age if bought a new saw.
Lou

I never seen a red version from Pioneer but it looks like one of the 1100 series that included 1100, 1110.1120, 1130, 1150 and 1160. If there is no ident tag then a bore measurement would be needed to determine the exact model.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks alot for your help . I have one fabricated but can't find any long screws to fit the threads of the flywheel .The longest I found was 1 1/2" but quite short . If someone could find me a couple of various lenghths , I'd pay for them & postage . Sorry but I can't remeber the size . Email me please at [email protected] . God bless

Flywheel threads are usually 12X24 machine screws and depending on how your puller is made the screws should reach if they are 3"-4" long.
Pioneerguy600

Well guys, here's a list of the Pioneer IPLs I have on .pdf so far:

IEL
Model AB
Model DC
Model M
Model RA (2 versions)
Super Twin

Pioneer
1073-2073
1200A
1770-1771
2200 and 2270
2400 and 2460
3200 and 3270
Super 3270
Farmlite
Farmsaw
Farmsaw II
FM
Holiday II 970
Holiday II 1072
P10
P20 – P25
P26
P26E
P28E – P28ES
P28 – P28S
P38
P40
P41 Cutoff Saw
P41 – P41S
P42
P50 – P50S
P51
P52
P60
P61 Cutoff Saw
P61

Pioneer/Partner
P39 (1986)
P39+
P39+ (1987)
P42
P45
P52 (2 versions)
P52+
P62 (2 versions)
P65

Poulan Pro
655BP

Target
Quickie 42
Quickie 45, 52 & 65
Quickie 52 & 62
Super Quickie 45 & 65

I haven't had time to go through my printed stuff yet, but after I'm moved & settled in I'll try to list that as well.

Can you email those to me at cjcocn AT gmail.com? I will add those to the list and pass them out once they are sorted.

Lawrence (petesoldsaw) has sent me 257 jpegs that have been converted to 37 pdf files. I converted everything in high resolution so that they can be zoomed in on and still retain their clarity.

So for that folder is 526 MB in size. It's going to be a fair size when I get done with everything. :D

:cheers:

More to Come

Chris, as you know there is way more to come from me,I am trying to juggle the job in between my other duties.Man,this is going to be the biggest and best Pioneer collection of all time!Gad everyone here is willing to contribute what they have for this project.
Thanks so Far to everyone who is helping
Lawrence

It is sent, one group of 40 pages. If need be I can easily break it into 2 groups of 20. Thought it was time I contributed something beyond an occasional CraigsListing.
Lou
Received, combined, and returned.
Good work. :clap:
PM Lou or myself if you'd like a copy of the generic operator's manual.
Avail. in English (5MB), french(5MB), or both(9MB) as originally printed.

Last edited:
Manuals

Can you email those to me at cjcocn AT gmail.com? I will add those to the list and pass them out once they are sorted.

Lawrence (petesoldsaw) has sent me 257 jpegs that have been converted to 37 pdf files. I converted everything in high resolution so that they can be zoomed in on and still retain their clarity.

So for that folder is 526 MB in size. It's going to be a fair size when I get done with everything. :D

Hey , if I could also get a copy of those manuals you have , I'd really appreciate it . I could give you my email address so you can forward the info to me if you will. I just enjoy making copies for the library of manuals I've been building up as reference help for saws I have plus helping others if need be .Also I see you have a P10 . I have 3 P12s but have never seen a P10 to compare mine too . I have a manual in my library for a P10 . If you could possibly email me some pics of your P10 it would be great . I could print them off & laminate them . I'm also looking for owners & service manuals for the HolidayII 1072 . I have a parts manual only for it. It's really neat seeing what guys have & hopefully will share .Thanks & God bless, Ken

Thanks Brian

Anyone wanting a copy of the OM here is a sample of the English Cover.

attachment.php

ok Took pics of the 1074, nOw this site is telling me that they are to big. 300k! I don't know of any Jpegs, gif, etc, that are that small. Is it for fear of embedded virus' or trojans? I would like to post these & give a brief history of the saw before I start the refurb.

Pioneeer Owners Manual .

Lou, I have an owners manual specifically for the P12 I own , & the owners manual from my Dads P26 plus another issue . Didn't Pioneer produce a manual for each model saw they produced ? Two of mine are the same with no model mentioned or parts breakdown inside the covers like the P12 issue . Do you know the specifics ? Thanks

ok Took pics of the 1074, nOw this site is telling me that they are to big. 300k! I don't know of any Jpegs, gif, etc, that are that small. Is it for fear of embedded virus' or trojans? I would like to post these & give a brief history of the saw before I start the refurb.

I use photobucket, it automatically resizes them. Or you can use this link.
http://www.photosize.com/

Ok lets try again. I guess I was trying to be lazy. I resized them in photosmart, but i hate it that it always compromises quality. Here are the first 5. I will post the other 5 next window.

Lou, I have an owners manual specifically for the P12 I own , & the owners manual from my Dads P26 plus another issue . Didn't Pioneer produce a manual for each model saw they produced ? Two of mine are the same with no model mentioned or parts breakdown inside the covers like the P12 issue . Do you know the specifics ? Thanks

I do not know Ken;
It came with my Farmsaw when new. I find this interesting (from page 10).
attachment.php

Seems one OM was used with many saws. I see nothing specific to a FarmSaw in this manual, all references are quite broad.
Lou

Last edited:
1074 Part Duex

Here are the pics & the story. This is how I put the saw away The last time it was used. About 15 years ago. yes I know shame on me, but back then... well thats another story. You can see hao bad the a/f cover is & why I've been looking forever for a new one. The rag was held in place by clamping it under what was left of the cover to try to keep some of the sawdust (herinafter referred to as swarf) out. As you can see, by the buildup on the carb, it didn't work very well. This saw was still running like a banshee when I last ran it, as I recall, but having been in the business for many years I knew it just had to have significant wear in the cyl & piston, by the amount of swarf covering the carb. So I didnt even inspect, I just bought a new p&c. Yes that was 15 years ago. Looked at the new p&c last night for the first time in many years & it looks good. Guess I stored it properly.
I am going to take this saw to work & start the teardown, cant wait to see the existing p&c just to see how much wear, might be a good back up or worth getting rechromed. Side note; When I had this saw in service, every single person who used it wanted to buy it from me. Of course I declined. Man with sharp chisel & my 16' bar I would keep up with my buddy Eric (RIP) & his new 026 ALL day. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Although It will be slow. Working in the music studio on my next record & taking care of my wifey, who has been sick for the last several months are also clamoring for my time. But this is a start.

Ok lets try again. I guess I was trying to be lazy. I resized them in photosmart, but i hate it that it always compromises quality. Here are the first 5. I will post the other 5 next window.

I resize in "Paint"
Choose "Image" "Stretch/Skew" Just change the percentages to 40% (experiment) ±.
Lou

Hi Guys,
I am new around here. I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join.
For the people with late 70's to early 80's vintage pioneers, my dad and I used to sell them back then and I still have a lot of the parts and service manuals that I can possibly scan for you if needed to help you guys out.

Hi Guys,
For the people with late 70's to early 80's vintage pioneers, my dad and I used to sell them back then and I still have a lot of the parts and service manuals that I can possibly scan for you if needed to help you guys out.

1074 if you have it...

Hi Guys,

Scan them all and email them to me (my email is in the above post).

I will make them available to anyone that wants them (check the Beg for Manuals Thread to verify that).

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back