Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Farmsaw with an Oregon 24" bar uses 81 drive links too. I think the norm for a 24" bar is 82.
Lou

Many of the older saw families of that size use the same driver counts. Poulans, Homelites, Mac X-10's, Jonsereds.....

I guess I'll order an 81. Thanks guys. I haven't had a bar bigger than 20'' before.

There is no one around here that I'm aware of that can spin a chain, so I have to order them. It's cheaper anyway if I buy a few at a time.:rock:

I guess I'll order an 81. Thanks guys. I haven't had a bar bigger than 20'' before.

There is no one around here that I'm aware of that can spin a chain, so I have to order them. It's cheaper anyway if I buy a few at a time.:rock:
My chains are all 0.050s. I would not run your saw with it but it might be cheap insurance to try it for fit.
Lou

The part # on the bar is 474649. Is there anywhere or anybody can look that up to be sure?

Your 474649 bar is a 24" NS 58 3/8x 79DL BAR or in plain speak it takes 79 drive links of 3/8" chain according to the Pioneer 1984 bar and chain catalogue.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry. How come Pioneer always seems to have an odd drive link count? The shape of the bar I guess.

Some picts of the 655`s airbox and filter;

Christmas%202010%20263.jpg

Christmas%202010%20264.jpg

Christmas%202010%20265.jpg

Christmas%202010%20266.jpg

Is it listed on there web site.
I tried to find the stuff with no luck.

Lee

You type the part number in the search box. Do you have an ipl? If you are using a Pioneer or older ipl, you have to ad the 507 in front. The base is #507476463. If you need all the part numbers, pm me and I will give them to you. They usually don't stock that stuff and may take a couple weeks to get.

Your 474649 bar is a 24" NS 58 3/8x 79DL BAR or in plain speak it takes 79 drive links of 3/8" chain according to the Pioneer 1984 bar and chain catalogue.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry. How come Pioneer always seems to have an odd drive link count? The shape of the bar I guess.

Shape of the bar and the distance between the bar mounting studs and the clutch centerline.
Pioneerguy600

Man...........that crank centerline must REALLY be close to the bar studs. The old Homelite/Mac/Poulan/Echo chains (for 24" bars) are already 3 DL shorter than Stihl and Husky (81 vs 84 DL). 79DL is two DL less than that. I have a Cutters Choice catalog that lists the Pioneer P-20 thru P-65 saws, the Farmlite, the Farmsaw, the Farmsaw II as using the same DL counts as the Stihls and Huskys (84 DL for a 24"). There's a few errors in that catalog however..............and the bars they sell may be of a different profile than the old Pioneer branded bars...

Last edited:
Depends on bar model also, Durarail Standard width, Durarail Roller Nose in standard width, Medium slim and Ultra slim, and the SN bars with the replacable sprocket tips. The Durarail Standard width 24" bar takes a 3/8" X 84 DL chain.
Pioneerguy600

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

I checked my 24" Pioneer bars. Does this look like your bar Chris? The bar in the picture is a 24" Pioneer, it takes 79DL. The others I have are the Windsor/Pioneer and they take 81DL. The bar in the pic is about 1.5" shorter than the 24" Windsors. Even though it's stamped 24" you only get 22" of bar when mounted. That is without a spike on it also.

Jerry,
Thanks for the pictures and the info. It does show me what I was interested in knowing about.
Ed,
I'd be interested in knowing what those part numbers are. Like Lee I tried to look them up at Bailey's but came up with a big fat zero.
Thanks Guys,
Brian and Tina

arrowheadpioneer

Here are all the parts. Type what you need in Baileys search box, you must add 507 to the beginning of each number. The number for the entire kit is in the upper left hand corner. I think the kit was around $65.

There has been some good info in this thread last few days, thanks guys. I'm always reading just not posting, and I want to say thanks for all the info in this thread.

Back