Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a nice little Pioneer P61. After cleaning out the fuel tank with a pressure washer and nuking the carb in the ultrasonic cleaner, I got this thing to run pretty well. Picked up a couple new parts along the way. This saw has, hands-down, the biggest clutch cover I've ever seen.

Chris B.

p61_2_zpse37331aa.jpg

p61_1_zps31c40161.jpg

p61_3_zps31cd42a0.jpg

Here's a nice little Pioneer P61. After cleaning out the fuel tank with a pressure washer and nuking the carb in the ultrasonic cleaner, I got this thing to run pretty well. Picked up a couple new parts along the way. This saw has, hands-down, the biggest clutch cover I've ever seen.

Chris B.

p61_2_zpse37331aa.jpg

p61_1_zps31c40161.jpg

p61_3_zps31cd42a0.jpg

Nice. Almost impossible to find one of those Fred Flintstone clutch covers that isn't busted.

Nice P61 Chris. I have one with that same cover. That style cover was only on the P61's. From what I understand... certain parts of Canada required a caged/covered muffler on certain size saws. I don't know if that's 100% accurate or not. I heard that from a former member here and Pioneer fan from Canada.

P60 Saws Muffler Cover

Nice P61 Chris. I have one with that same cover. That style cover was only on the P61's. From what I understand... certain parts of Canada required a caged/covered muffler on certain size saws. I don't know if that's 100% accurate or not. I heard that from a former member here and Pioneer fan from Canada.

DSCF1439_zps8c17bcd4.jpg

Here is a page from a Pioneer brochure showing the cover. It appears to be an option for the P60.
Interesting that this brochure show all the newer P41,P51 saws but still has the P60. The P60 must have been the last to change to P61
My P61 has the full cover and full wrap handle. Most of the P60 saws I have seen came with a plain cover, no chain break. Another version of this is a full cover with no chain break. They look nice on the saws but they are a real pain to remove.

Pioneer P61 P51 P41

DSCF2023.jpg

This is my P61 with the 2 small saws 51 and 41. I have a real good 50 and 60 but it is very hard to find a P40 in good original condition. Most have paint problems. I have one to restore but need to find the time. The other basket covers were also used on some of the Target cutoff saws. A neighbour of mine has a P61 with a full wrap handle, basket cover without a chainbreak. He knows I want the saw. Maybe someday!

I got the my newest Pioneers ready to try out. Had to replace all the AVs in the P62 and the top 2 on the P60 , plus the throttle linkage on the P62. Looks like they must have had it stuck ? Just not able to fire them up right now,back is acting up on me. LOL The P60 clutch cover is one i had,he forgot to send it with the saw. But I like a chain break on my saws. Also put a new full wrap on the P62,to bad its black ! Would love to find the right color for it. Only cleaned them up a little,going t go run them then give them a real cleaning ! Both came with 34" B&Cs.
I just liked the pix of them together,so thought someone else may too. LOL

Jeff showed me up , but I am very happy just finding these ! LOL

Looking for 2 years for a P62 and ended up with a P60 also for a little icing on the cake ! :msp_thumbsup:

Thanks again Hydrodog ! You made my whole year ! :bowdown::bowdown:

Now where is that 655 ? :laugh:

I got the my newest Pioneers ready to try out. Had to replace all the AVs in the P62 and the top 2 on the P60 , plus the throttle linkage on the P62. Looks like they must have had it stuck ? Just not able to fire them up right now,back is acting up on me. LOL The P60 clutch cover is one i had,he forgot to send it with the saw. But I like a chain break on my saws. Also put a new full wrap on the P62,to bad its black ! Would love to find the right color for it. Only cleaned them up a little,going t go run them then give them a real cleaning ! Both came with 34" B&Cs.
I just liked the pix of them together,so thought someone else may too. LOL

Jeff showed me up , but I am very happy just finding these ! LOL

Looking for 2 years for a P62 and ended up with a P60 also for a little icing on the cake ! :msp_thumbsup:

Thanks again Hydrodog ! You made my whole year ! :bowdown::bowdown:

Now where is that 655 ? :laugh:

Nice lookin pair of saws. Nothing like a 6 cube in a 3 foot log. I am still looking for a Pioneer P52 and a Pro 525. Some day soon I hope.

DSCF2023.jpg

This is my P61 with the 2 small saws 51 and 41. I have a real good 50 and 60 but it is very hard to find a P40 in good original condition. Most have paint problems. I have one to restore but need to find the time. The other basket covers were also used on some of the Target cutoff saws. A neighbour of mine has a P61 with a full wrap handle, basket cover without a chainbreak. He knows I want the saw. Maybe someday!

Very nice Jeff Looks real good :msp_thumbup:

Back