Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P41 1s a great saw and I think that half of the oils now days are at least part synthetic. I have had good luck with reheating and shaping springs from other saws to work in Huskies, but have never tried it in a Pioneer yet. Welcome to the site. KZ

P41 1s a great saw and I think that half of the oils now days are at least part synthetic. I have had good luck with reheating and shaping springs from other saws to work in Huskies, but have never tried it in a Pioneer yet. Welcome to the site. KZ
Thanks I'll check local engine repair shop.

View attachment 445393 View attachment 445391
Hello, I'm pretty new at AS but I picked up my first Pioneer today a p41hp it runs great, came with book that says run on 24:1 ratio with changes in today's oil should I stick with that ? Synthetic or not ?
Also chain brake spring is broke so looking for that and a gas cap (someone crossthreaded this one) if anyone has a parts saw? And or does anyone know what other saws caps interchange? Thanks
Welcome to the site. Lots of good guys with great info here. I almost said, "Sorry about your CAD.", but i wouldn't mean it. Good looking saw with the P41. Good luck on the gas cap search for those saws. You might be better off taking a small triangle file to the threads and trying to fix that cap if it's not boogered up too bad. A lot of those caps swole up and either wouldn't come out without "coaxing" or wouldn't go back in quite right.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

O
Welcome to the site. Lots of good guys with great info here. I almost said, "Sorry about your CAD.", but i wouldn't mean it. Good looking saw with the P41. Good luck on the gas cap search for those saws. You might be better off taking a small triangle file to the threads and trying to fix that cap if it's not boogered up too bad. A lot of those caps swole up and either wouldn't come out without "coaxing" or wouldn't go back in quite right.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
i may try that but guy used channel locks to take off and on top looks rough but works.
I seen some for p38's , p39's but not sure what interchanges ?

View attachment 445393 View attachment 445391
Hello, I'm pretty new at AS but I picked up my first Pioneer today a p41hp it runs great, came with book that says run on 24:1 ratio with changes in today's oil should I stick with that ? Synthetic or not ?
Also chain brake spring is broke so looking for that and a gas cap (someone crossthreaded this one) if anyone has a parts saw? And or does anyone know what other saws caps interchange? Thanks

You have found a rather rare saw.The P41HP was only made for a short time. The standard P41 saws are very common and one of the most popular saws made by Pioneer. The HP has black handles instead of green. The exhaust is the same as the larger one used on the P51 or P61 models. It also has an epoxy reed. The 41 HPhas most of the improvements that were used on the later P42 models.
Nice score on finding one. I beieve the model number on the metal tag on the bottom of your saw will read P41SHHP

You have found a rather rare saw.The P41HP was only made for a short time. The standard P41 saws are very common and one of the most popular saws made by Pioneer. The HP has black handles instead of green. The exhaust is the same as the larger one used on the P51 or P61 models. It also has an epoxy reed. The 41 HPhas most of the improvements that were used on the later P42 models.
Nice score on finding one. I beieve the model number on the metal tag on the bottom of your saw will read P41SHHP
I had to go look I haven't even cleaned it up yet. Yes it says 578 p41shhp. What's the 578?
I did I little research on it before I got it, saw somewhere they were rarer then p41's do you know if these had higher rpm's or just more features? Thanks
Oh yeah the book that came with it says purchased 10/12/1983 hand written in pen.

I had to go look I haven't even cleaned it up yet. Yes it says 578 p41shhp. What's the 578?
I did I lit

tle research on it before I got it, saw somewhere they were rarer then p41's do you know if these had higher rpm's or just more features? Thanks
Oh yeah the book that came with it says purchased 10/12/1983 hand written in pen.

Not sure on the 578 but my HP has the same on the tag
578 P41SHHP and serial # 326329814 .
If I remember correctly they has the same carb as a P41 and the same ignition so the revs are the same, The P42 used a different ignition and reved a bit higher. On a P41SHHP The S is safety(chain break) H (half wrap handle) HP High Performance.
They were a short run, not sure of how many were made. The P41 Western is a similar saw as well. It used a full wrap handle.

Just in case anyone's interested there is a Pioneer Model RA on fleabay right now. Very similar to the Stihl Contra and Lightning saws. Comes with owners manual and IPL even.

I'm looking at replacing my bars on my new to me p41hp 24 & 28" found some on flea bay made in Sweden? Are these good bars ok bars?
Or does anyone on here sell them?
What should I watch out for or not buy?
Oh the 28" will be mostly for looks or occasional use. Thanks

I'm looking at replacing my bars on my new to me p41hp 24 & 28" found some on flea bay made in Sweden? Are these good bars ok bars?
Or does anyone on here sell them?
What should I watch out for or not buy?
Oh the 28" will be mostly for looks or occasional use. Thanks

There are other options, but a large Husky mount bar only requires tiny modification(s) to work on a Pioneer.

I got a 28-incher that was supposed to be for a Pioneer a couple of years ago from somebody on Evil-Bay. It turned out to be an Oregon made for a Homelite and said so in huge letters. It worked after I modified the oil holes and buffed the big letters off, but I was grouchy.

I have found new bars at an old dealer locally, he was never a Pioneer dealer just saw repair of all brands. I need to move a lot of saws so that I don't have to take them cross country. I'll make a list in the trading post for sale as saws and parts. I don't think that I am supposed to sell here, but I can tell you of saws that will be leaving. P41,P40, 3270 super, 3270 sc, outboard marine/650, p28, p51 basket, p42 baskets and other brand saws.

Long shot but does anyone have a scanned copy of the service tool and service aids pages from a dealer manual?
These pages are missing from my dealer folder.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Justin
Hey Justin. I have those pages, I'll post them if you'll post the super Rex mk. II page I emailed you about. ;)

Latest posts

Back