Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boost Port is super rare, I think there were only a handful made for special sawyers that cut for a living, doubles the cc in some models, it’s a hemi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny, this saw wasn't heavily used, in the hands of a Pro sawer, or marked in any way that it was special or different. Makes you wonder if they were just using up stock parts before they closed the doors.

Funny, this saw wasn't heavily used. in the hands of a Pro sawer, or marked in any way that it was special or different. Makes you wonder if they were just using up stock parts before they closed the doors.

Wait a minute, that saw is a Partner based/ built saw in the Husqvarna plant , they are speed saws high revving

Funny, this saw wasn't heavily used. in the hands of a Pro sawer, or marked in any way that it was special or different. Makes you wonder if they were just using up stock parts before they closed the doors.
I have a 455 boost port cylinder here, but unfortunately the plating is wore through. On the p42, p45, and the 405/455 the cylinder has 6 transfer ports. The p62 and 655 boost port is different. My p42hp that I restored has a nos 6 transfer top end on it. They were way ahead of their time for sure. Pretty good old hot rods imo.

I have a 455 boost port cylinder here, but unfortunately the plating is wore through. On the p42, p45, and the 405/455 the cylinder has 6 transfer ports. The p62 and 655 boost port is different. My p42hp that I restored has a nos 6 transfer top end on it. They were way ahead of their time for sure. Pretty good old hot rods imo.
So was the boost port rare in the PP445 or common? How about the P45, did that have boost ports too, or was the PP445 the upgraded Shelby hot rod to the P45 V8 Mustang?

The p45 was just the older version of the 455. PP445 I'm not to sure about.

The partner based Poulans are 415 425 445 475 & 505 , nothing to do with pioneer
5b4e756467f393230ea015ef91fe6299.jpg

The partner based Poulans are 415 425 445 475 & 505 , nothing to do with pioneer
5b4e756467f393230ea015ef91fe6299.jpg

One thing I don't understand though, the Partner saws seemed to always have vertical cylinders, while the Pioneers were horizontal rear exhaust, so the design of the PP445 seems to have much more in common with Pioneers?

You goofball you typed the wrong # Your saw is a pp455 not PP445 , now you have gone and done it, we are all mixed up, I sold you the parts to fix it didn’t I? I need to go to bed

Not sure this qualifies, but I'm pretty happy with it. I found this non-running Poulan Pro 455 (same as Pioneer P45) on Craigslist for $50. It also came with a new in the wrapper 20" bar. After $18 for a carb kit, fuel hose and filter it's running fine - this is probably the 4th such saw I picked up cheap due to old fuel problems. Thank heavens for folks that let their saws sit with fuel and are too lazy to attempt even a simple fix; one great saw pick-up didn't even need the carb cleaned, just some fresh gas! :cheers:

View attachment 716792 View attachment 716793
This is it from the you suck thread lol.

Latest posts

Back