Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renny Earlier the conversation about the 3200 saw jogged my memory of an add about a month ago in kijiji. It was of one with a cutting blade attachment on it for maybe concrete. It was said to be non running but with compression. Add#1536163511 from kitchener-waterloo on. area near mildmay. Very interesting with attachment for 100.
Allan

Renny Earlier the conversation about the 3200 saw jogged my memory of an add about a month ago in kijiji. It was of one with a cutting blade attachment on it for maybe concrete. It was said to be non running but with compression. Add#1536163511 from kitchener-waterloo on. area near mildmay. Very interesting with attachment for 100.
Allan
Thanks for that. Shipping to here would be over $50 puts a lot of saws out of reach to buy sight unseen.
I have bought a few like that some good some bad. Pete's ( Rocketnorton )has one he lives not far from my Daughter so I will get that next time I'm at the BC coast. Besides he's real good to deal with and good prices!

Blood pressure is rising. I last 24 hours finally got close to a person who may sell me some big ones.We have been posting back and forth for a couple months and he finally gave me his address and I am seeing him on saturday.He says he has been picking up old saws in his area for a long time but is [his words thinning out] going to concentrate on old stihls. He says he has hc,ra iels, some 600-700 series saws and two p38,s. I know I won,t be very disappointed as I have bought some other saws from other sellers and am picking them up the same day. It will be a long trip and the first day off quarantine. I will be flying and so will my money.This collecting disease is fun and exciting and not life threatening like covid. Allan

Blood pressure is rising. I last 24 hours finally got close to a person who may sell me some big ones.We have been posting back and forth for a couple months and he finally gave me his address and I am seeing him on saturday.He says he has been picking up old saws in his area for a long time but is [his words thinning out] going to concentrate on old stihls. He says he has hc,ra iels, some 600-700 series saws and two p38,s. I know I won,t be very disappointed as I have bought some other saws from other sellers and am picking them up the same day. It will be a long trip and the first day off quarantine. I will be flying and so will my money.This collecting disease is fun and exciting and not life threatening like covid. Allan
Sounds like a good trip

Returned home from my long trip with 1 iel hc pretty good no bar runs, 1 750 complete no bar good looking not running in last couple years, 1 700 complete power head bad piston, p20 complete saw not run for 20 yrs, p26 x2 running, p28 complete not running,14 10 complete with big bar and chain running but primer going bad, craftsman 3.7 complete saws and bars runningx2, mini craftsman not running all there looks almost new and 2 1629 skil saws one the man said runs with work and another one complete for parts. This haul came from three different places. The trip was 407 k,s and a full tank of fuel.The running ones were started in my presence. 710 dollars not including gas. The best thing one seller added free a pioneer double edged hand saw. The place I got the big saws from had maybe a dozen more big pioneer ones plus quite a few other band big ones but wouldn,t sell including the iel ra that I wanted the most as It was beautiful. The place I got the p28 and the 14 10 had a p50 and p60. I wanted them bad but not for sale. Pictures later. Allan

So it appears that I'm going to need to put a liner in the fuel tank because it keeps losing all the fuel. Other than that she's a strong running S620.
4426a965e0fa238309ec251925cfef53.jpg
5d09259721533c332760168183a6cd36.jpg
5d214fc0b09c20a2846940fa60f2628d.jpg

a402e955bfbd611417d895ecf196f0e4.jpg

Yesturday after my trip was tired and screwed up the information. The 700 is the complete big pioneer and the 750 is the parts saw It is missing clutch that I notice. I had said one other saw was a 14 10 when it is a 1450 at least by the top cover. The seller had three 14 saws. Didn,t put here any small p series saws, five total two running. Also I got a holiday that I didn,t mention. AllanDSCF2485.JPGDSCF2488.JPGDSCF2489.JPGDSCF2493.JPGDSCF2491.JPGDSCF2500.JPGDSCF2492.JPGDSCF2484.JPG

Yesturday after my trip was tired and screwed up the information. The 700 is the complete big pioneer and the 750 is the parts saw It is missing clutch that I notice. I had said one other saw was a 14 10 when it is a 1450 at least by the top cover. The seller had three 14 saws. Didn,t put here any small p series saws, five total two running. Also I got a holiday that I didn,t mention. AllanView attachment 875910View attachment 875911View attachment 875912View attachment 875913View attachment 875914View attachment 875915View attachment 875916View attachment 875917
You had a great day some nice saws there

Yesturday after my trip was tired and screwed up the information. The 700 is the complete big pioneer and the 750 is the parts saw It is missing clutch that I notice. I had said one other saw was a 14 10 when it is a 1450 at least by the top cover. The seller had three 14 saws. Didn,t put here any small p series saws, five total two running. Also I got a holiday that I didn,t mention. AllanView attachment 875910View attachment 875911View attachment 875912View attachment 875913View attachment 875914View attachment 875915View attachment 875916View attachment 875917
Whats the plan for the 750? Fix or part out?

You should start by taking the saw apart and getting the old bearings and seals in your hands. That said, I think they are standard ball bearings and common seals. Just make sure bearings C3 rated for this application.
Well, thank you very much.
What "C3 rated bearings" means, are they of better quality or more durable? Anyway, thanks for answering, I will have to reuse old gaskets or if I find extra time and material will make new ones for the housing case.

Yukon stihl Will be keeping it for parts for 700. Have not checked closely but 750 has much more compression than 700 by pull starter. Reason got a good deal onit was seller said compression was down and he was thinking of interchanging top end. That was reason he had picked up part saw and that was reason I got them very reasonably. He was selling a lot of his pioneers and concentrating on stihls. Allan

I have a Holiday the same as yours it looks like it has the choke instead of the primer.I bought it from the original owner who used it one winter to slash hydro line .It is a good starter but ear plugs are a must funny they didnt seem like a priority years ago.I have an HC just need a starting cup and a carb kit.I am working on a 1450 I put a snowmobile primer on mine works good.
Kash

Thanks for idea of snowmobile primer for 14 50 Kash. Was there any special brand used? I have never owned a snowmobile. The saw was hard to start but runs very well afterwards. The holiday was not run in awhile, was an add on in pile of saws I bought.I only pulled starter to see if it was seized or not. did not notice if it had a choke or primer. Will check later. Allan I have lots of tinkering to do all winter

Latest posts

Back