Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Jason; just a thought; did you try baking the coil?
They are susceptible to moisture and that's why they quit working. IMO the moisture condenses into water and acts like a short (it takes damned little!!!). They cannot build a charge.
I went to a GTG in Oregon and made the mistake of leaving my FarmSaw on the ground under a tarp.
When I got home I did a little research about baking the coil and getting them to work again (this thread).
I baked mine @200°F for 12 hours. Once done it sparked. Not so long ago I tested and the spark is still strong.
If you know much about electronics you know that water and electronics don't do well together.
HTH Lou

Yea about that.lol

I accidentally set it to toast and melted it.😅

You learned that low and slow are the way to go.
Solid-state components don't like heat. I thought long and hard about 200°F. I planned on baking mine for 16 hours and set the timer for that. The oven is smarter than I am; it shut off at 12 hours even though the clock is set for 24-hour operation.

Hey guys. I was running my p41 today, first real test since I built it a few years ago. I had ran about two tanks through it cutting limbs and small stuff. Today I dug into a down oak about 40 inches across. It ate through it very well with a 20 inch 3/8 full house. After about three tanks it started getting weak. Ran great but if I leaned into it she got pitiful. Im assuming the coil is done. I pulled the muffler and the piston and cylinder looked new. My question is what are my options replacing the two piece ignition?

Thanks. Jason.

If your looking for ign system , l have new or used ones here if you need. How is your spark plug? Have you considered the condition of the clutch?
You mentioned the saw was bogging down when you leaned into the cut.

I am not the world's best chainsaw mechanic but...
It's hard for me to believe any coil would care whether or not the saw has to work.
I'd be apt to guess there is a fuel delivery problem based on your description.
It is also possible although in my mind doubtful that the timing has slipped.
To my way of thinking either the coil works or it doesn't!
Jerry?
Rocket?
And any real chainsaw mechanic I overlooked?

Yea I gotta dig deeper. Saw only has five tanks through it. Im going to put a new husqvarna filter and piece of tygon on it. Im just happy it didn't score. I don't remember putting that time cert in but i guess I did. I'll go through it and check back in.

Thanks. Jason.

Latest posts

Back