Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer 450 fuel pump primer. I am looking for a source for the diaphragm pt #426815 or something I can substitute in its place. I've tried running the pt# but came up empty.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Pioneer 450 fuel pump primer. I am looking for a source for the diaphragm pt #426815 or something I can substitute in its place. I've tried running the pt# but came up empty.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best you can do is find a piece of fuel resistant diaphragm material, cut it square to fit across the entire housing, all 4 corner bolts. Punch those holes and one in the middle for the button. Bolt it together and also fix the check valves. I am assuming it is of similar construction as a 3270 since they use the same diaphragm.

One trick taught to me by a Baileys parts supplier employee is to preface the Pioneer part number with 507.
A Farmsaw friction yoke pn# 429572 became 507429572 after Poulan (Pioneer parts are usually tagged as weedeater) bought Pioneer.
You might give that a try. It's worked for me innumerable times.
GL
Lou
A quick internet check provided 2 or 3 items with the 507426815 part number.

CBFARMALL:Thanks for the advice.The 3270 takes the same diaphragm as the 450.Any ideas as to where I might find fuel resistant material?
LOU:I tried the procedure you suggested without success. I"ll put it in my memory bank for future use.Thanks.

I've tried 4 times to remove the color and headings without success.
I've met my better!
See above;
THIS PART ALSO REPLACES:
HUSQVARNA 507426815 (your part number prefaced with 507)

I'm certain there were other suppliers when I did an internet search. GL
A new look by me and it says "Temporarily out of stock" some of the other suppliers may not be.

Lou: I've checked every supplier and they are either out of stock or no longer available.I'll keep checking, hope they re stock.thanks again.

Not likely. The saws using those primers were discontinued 50 years ago. Anything Poulan was selling was probably NOS. Not sure where to get fuel resistant diaphragm material. Maybe you can find a mechanical auto fuel pump and repurpose the diaphragm.

Bob: I have a running one with a fuel leak which I'm trying to remedy, but I don't have the proper tool to remove the clutch so I can get at the fuel tank.Any ideas as to a red neck method of removal? I like the idea of having a white saw hanging on the wall.Quite a contrast with all the other saw colours.

Bob: I have a running one with a fuel leak which I'm trying to remedy, but I don't have the proper tool to remove the clutch so I can get at the fuel tank.Any ideas as to a red neck method of removal? I like the idea of having a white saw hanging on the wall.Quite a contrast with all the other saw colours.
I have not looked at it yet. I would assume a piston stop or the old rope down the spark plug hole to keep things from spinning. I usually fabricate whatever I need to get a bite on the clutch.

Latest posts

Back