Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Muddy!

Hi Jerry
Well I thought a couple of saws I have looked bad!I think I'm up to posting pictures of any of the saws that are in the garage.If anyone can resurrect that baby it's you Jerry
Lawrence

Wow that first pic looked like a stump or you were trying to carve a
wood saw. Your the Pioneerguy you will get going with other parts.
It might take a lot of other parts.:)

Wow, I've seen a lot of joking here about using a saw as a boat anchor, but that is probably the first one I've seen that looks like it actually was. If you do ever get it restored, that would be one before & after picture set that should be hanging on your shop wall for all to see. I know of some old solid rust large-mount Stihl bars out at an old trapper's cabin on a big lake near here - maybe you could so something with those too! (actually I did scavenge the bar that's on my 090 right now from there, it was the one that was still salvageable)

Well Jerry, that one will certainly require alot of time-money-and effort but if anyone can its you in this part of the World. Post pics as you go should you (and i know you will because of the sentimental value to the guy) do this one.

Hi Jerry
Well I thought a couple of saws I have looked bad!I think I'm up to posting pictures of any of the saws that are in the garage.If anyone can resurrect that baby it's you Jerry
Lawrence

I might just have to bend the rules a bit on this one and use some of my spare parts along with what I can salvage off this saw to get it to at least look good.It may not ever run again but who knows.
Pioneerguy600

Wow that first pic looked like a stump or you were trying to carve a
wood saw. Your the Pioneerguy you will get going with other parts.
It might take a lot of other parts.:)

Might salvage some parts from this carcass but a lot of donor parts will be required,will see as work proceeds.
Pioneerguy600

Wow, I've seen a lot of joking here about using a saw as a boat anchor, but that is probably the first one I've seen that looks like it actually was. If you do ever get it restored, that would be one before & after picture set that should be hanging on your shop wall for all to see. I know of some old solid rust large-mount Stihl bars out at an old trapper's cabin on a big lake near here - maybe you could so something with those too! (actually I did scavenge the bar that's on my 090 right now from there, it was the one that was still salvageable)

That was actually what I thought he had used it for, but it was only half muddy,other half not too bad.
Pioneerguy600

Well Jerry, that one will certainly require alot of time-money-and effort but if anyone can its you in this part of the World. Post pics as you go should you (and i know you will because of the sentimental value to the guy) do this one.

I will use any parts that seem usable and use donor parts for the rest, in time it will come together, and may actually turn over if not run. Definitely will require some paint.
Pioneerguy600

Need help with my next resto(even though the 3270 isnt guite there),
its either a p26 or a 1200.
1200 seems to be all there and the p26 is missing the starter cover and broken filter cover,seems like a no brainer to me......but you guys are the experts,any help would be good and info on the saws :clap:

Well guys I think I have finally met my match, I have boldly stated more than once that I could make any chainsaw run and restore most any old saw whether complete or just a parts saw. I have to take that back after a fellow brought this saw to me to have it restored. I have seen some very ratty saws and others that were in real bad condition but this one takes the cake.

IMG_3772.JPG

I think this one may take longer than any other restoration I have ever attempted. LOL
Pioneerguy600

OMG !!!!! I think you might need a new top handle...:greenchainsaw:

Hi all so what is the biggest saw pioneer made? no hybrid conversions out there? No 650 barrel and pistons on P series saws ?

Biggest Pioneer

Hi all so what is the biggest saw pioneer made? no hybrid conversions out there? No 650 barrel and pistons on P series saws ?

hello DroppedP51
not quite sure what you mean.are you talking about the biggest stock c.c. saw?And at what location of manufacturing?
Lawrence

The cylinders on the 650/600 series were very different compared to the p series so I dont think you could make one work.

Back