Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bet, Jacob, I'll see if there is an ever-elusive 66cc piston in there. I just got word that MS260 Fan is headed over to pick up the parts so all looks promising. What an incredible guy!

What is a pioneer 750? local guy has one for sale 42" durorail bar in relly good cond not running tho

Made from 1964-1967 .... 107cc of grunt.

There is more info on that saw <a href="http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/0a746a4f9415370b88256b00000f20e2?OpenDocument">here</a>.

I think Pioneerguy600 has pics of a restored 750 somewhere on this thread.

Dropped P51
I have a picture a few pages back of a newly acquired 750 or 700 I think Jerry set me right on which one it was.Mine also has a factory skirt to keep dust and chips down.Your saw has a perforated piece on the starter side I don't think mine does.Nice Find, Dropped
Lawrence

reserve is 50$
its on our local auction site But i would pay a couple of hundred for it it comes with a spare powerhead for parts and the bones of a 650

end gap

Does anyone know what the end gap on a P60 series saw should be? I know it will be quite large sense they are pinned.

Carb Setting's

Hello Gurus
Tonight I am going to try and run the P41 Western since I bought it.I'm going to mix up some 40:1 for it, as that's what you Pioneer Guru's suggest for the older saw's.Now I have no idea what kind of setting's the fella that owned it before me used,I only know that I have not touched the carb screws since I have had it.So should I just try and fire it up as is,or should I start fresh with new carb settings?One more question how do I set these carb screws,what's the procedure? Oh by the way I don't own a tach or any of that kind of gear.
Thanks in Advance
Lawrence

Hello Gurus
Tonight I am going to try and run the P41 Western since I bought it.I'm going to mix up some 40:1 for it, as that's what you Pioneer Guru's suggest for the older saw's.Now I have no idea what kind of setting's the fella that owned it before me used,I only know that I have not touched the carb screws since I have had it.So should I just try and fire it up as is,or should I start fresh with new carb settings?One more question how do I set these carb screws,what's the procedure? Oh by the way I don't own a tach or any of that kind of gear.
Thanks in Advance
Lawrence

The P41 factory carb setting is 1 and1/8 turns out from lightly seated for the L setting and 7/8 turn out for the H setting, these are initial settings and will need tweaking to get the engine to run properly.
Pioneerguy600

reserve is 50$
its on our local auction site But i would pay a couple of hundred for it it comes with a spare powerhead for parts and the bones of a 650

Those 750's are a neat saw.
I don't have one yet but i
would think a couple hundred
for this one would be a fair price.
Especilly with that bar and parts.
I have my eye on an 850 and hoping
to get it.

Lee

The P41 factory carb setting is 1 and1/8 turns out from lightly seated for the L setting and 7/8 turn out for the H setting, these are initial settings and will need tweaking to get the engine to run properly.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Very Much for the information regarding the carb on the P41 Western.It's great to see you back in the saddle again.I'm sure there are a few guy's wanting some questions answered concerning the Pioneers.COMPUTERS they sure can be a pain in the butt sometimes!
Lawrence

P series saws, 40 and bigger... Is ther a replacement ignition avalible for these saws? There seems to be a lot of pioneers around with no spark,
Could a ignition off another saw be made to fit?

Could anybody tell me the cc's of a p38? Thanks in advance.

P series saws, 40 and bigger... Is ther a replacement ignition avalible for these saws? There seems to be a lot of pioneers around with no spark,
Could a ignition off another saw be made to fit?

The P series used several types of ignitions, a couple are still available new.

G'day from new mwmber!

Hi Gang, been lurking for a few days reading all the fantastic info on this site!

My name is Adam, I am from Christmas Hills, Victoria, Australia.

My Saws are

Shindaiwa 488p
Dolmar PS5000d
Poulan ?? (small saw I will ID later) was dads when I was small
Makita/Dolmar DCS34
Dolmar 4 stroke Pole Saw
Pioneer 650.

Pick up this Pioneer about 2 tyears ago, its all there (,omus chain) plan on a full resto, has good compression, and spark, so will try for a 'fire' this week end!

Here are some pics of her.
(what CC would she be?)

Cheers! Adam (Aussie_650)

parts051.jpg

parts052.jpg

parts053.jpg

parts054.jpg

parts055.jpg

parts056.jpg

As you can see in the first and last pics, some broken cooling fins, and a chunk out of the chain cover, I plan in dressing these smoother, so they look a little more facoty (ie: Not Cracked off!!)

Thanks all!
Would this saw run .404 chain??

Adam

Pioneer P11

I think this thread has developed from a let's see your pictures of Pioneers,to an everything about Pioneer's.Am I right about this?Is there a thread on ArboristSite like that already? If not then maybe we could keep this going in this direction.Pioneer Pictures,Question about pioneers ie.company history,mechanical questions,just plain anything Pioneer. While I'm on the subject,where does all the machinery go that's used to make the Pioneer's when they cease operations?Does it just sit in some warehouse gathering dust,maybe scrap metal.Someone must have these answers.Let me know about the thread thoughts.Hey it not all about me, it's all about us!
Lawrence

While we are talking about Pioneers, does anyone have any info on the P11 saw? History, how many were made, etc?

Latest posts

Back