Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer Saws

Those adds are really great. I never used a Pioneer saw until last year when I needed to cut a big oak down. Bought 2 on eBay, a P42 and a P51. Prior to that I had 2 18 inch craftsman saws and a 16 inch Homelite. I have not used them since the Pioneers came. When my P42 flywheel shattered last week, I had to break out the craftsman, it was like comparing a VW beetle to a Hummer. Thanks to Jacob J. I hope to have the P42 up and running next week. Pioneers are just awesome saws.

Joe

2270 primer

attachment.php

picked up a Pioneer 2270 a couple weekends ago, seems complete minus the bulb on the primer. Does anyone have one they'd like to part with? Can a new bulb be affixed? Any help would be appreciated, it's a really cool saw and I'd love to get it running.

Mr.Bow Saw

Thanks for all the great posting of the Pioneer ad's!Would be nice to have some of those machines New In The Box today!
Lawrence
Hey, Whatever happened to HolmenTree posting a few more

attachment.php

picked up a Pioneer 2270 a couple weekends ago, seems complete minus the bulb on the primer. Does anyone have one they'd like to part with? Can a new bulb be affixed? Any help would be appreciated, it's a really cool saw and I'd love to get it running.

Where did ya get the primer Nick?
Pioneerguy600

that's the one off of the saw, how and where do I get a bulb fot it?

Never seen one like that on any Pioneer chainsaw that came from the Peterborough factory. Must be some type of aftermarket affair. What you need is a OEM primer, they are hard enough to find replacement parts for.
Pioneerguy600

Never seen one like that on any Pioneer chainsaw that came from the Peterborough factory. Must be some type of aftermarket affair. What you need is a OEM primer, they are hard enough to find replacement parts for.
Pioneerguy600

I've seen primer set-ups like that on older snowmobiles. My old Tundra has one that looks almost exactly the same.

Try stopping in at a snowmobile shop or check online. My guess is that someone swapped it.

:cheers:

I've seen primer set-ups like that on older snowmobiles. My old Tundra has one that looks almost exactly the same.

Try stopping in at a snowmobile shop or check online. My guess is that someone swapped it.

:cheers:

I did a quick online search and that appears to be the part that goes on the inside of the machine. The primer button (not a bulb) just screws into that.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350289784038&viewitem=">Here</a> is a similar set-up. I will keep looking around for a better pic.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350138495699&viewitem=">Here</a> is a slightly better pic.

Last edited:
Super Pioneer IEL DD

This one is for JJ.:cheers:

I think this model came with many different gear ratios and this one must have one of the most reduced as you can almost count the teeth going around at WOT, but it does run great.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And if you look close you can see the Super Twin 52 on the floor in the background.

attachment.php

That DD is in great shape, what a great collection you guys have...

thanks for the pics! :rock:

(I especially like the uber-cool dawg it has...)

JJ it really runs well too!

We are getting there but we are going to need to add a building I think. I thought that dawg was pretty cool too.:cheers:

Here's a coupl more Pioneer / IEL's we have...

attachment.php

attachment.php

We have a few more RA's and couple other IEL's but that's all I have with photo's right now.

Uhh...Santa? You get a good look as this?? Extra cookies in it for ya!??

Great pics. That saw is in wonderful shape. Slow or not, that is a great piece of history there. Thanks for putting that up for us.

Drew

Santa has a drop off policy around here only and no returns!

You are right about the shape and you are certainly welcome, glad I could share, the picture anyway!:greenchainsaw::cheers:

I gotta change the sig now, way too many saws to stick down there now.

Last edited:
Signoflife

Real nice looking saws you have there Signoflife! That DD is in real nice shape allright.Is that a J model on the floor that I see?
Lawrence

One funny thing about those DD dogs, every one I've seen has the second tooth from the bottom welded on. I wonder what the reason is for that.

Artie you sure do have a keen eye, we were wondering similar thoughts about that tooth!

I repped you for your eye and gave you your first Nova, haha.

Last edited:
Real nice looking saws you have there Signoflife! That DD is in real nice shape allright.Is that a J model on the floor that I see?
Lawrence

Hi Lawrence, no I don't think we have a J, I don't know if I have know what a J looks like.

Which photo and whereabouts are you looking?

Latest posts

Back