Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I am not sure if this is what Chris and you other Pioneer fans had in mind,but I will list my IEL and Pioneer material and if you would like something scanned and sent on to Mark or Chris or whoever is going to put this all togeather.Frankly I don't think I have the computer skill's to do the whole thing but will contibute to the whole package by scaning anything I have for the greater good.So here is a start to what I have.
IELandPioneerIPLsList.jpg

If you look at your list and then compare it to mine I think you will see that I have those already done! Down to your circled # 1 anyway. You wont have to bother scanning those as they will be sent to Chis on the disk!

So that is a good deal, and what I was talking about us doing.

If you look at your list and then compare it to mine I think you will see that I have those already done! Down to your circled # 1 anyway. You wont have to bother scanning those as they will be sent to Chis on the disk!

So that is a good deal, and what I was talking about us doing.

Mark

The only problem I have with only gathering one copy of each IPL, TSB, etc., is that (in most cases) we cannot be sure which version of that document someone else may have (or the quality - resolution-wise - of each copy).

For example, I obtained some Jonsereds IPLs and Service Manuals that were totally different from those that are regularly shared. I believe that the "regular" ones were scanned by the manufacturer for distribution as electronic documents. The additional copies that I obtained came in the form of binders full of service info - I have never seen these documents in electronic format.

While it is more work for each of us to scan our documents, and then to sort through them all, I feel that the extra effort is worth it as we can then be sure that we have retained the best copies of all available versions.

Respectfully,

Chris

Chris are you saying even though Mark and I share a lot of the same information you would like us to both scan it anyway?
Lawrence

Chris are you saying even though Mark and I share a lot of the same information you would like us to both scan it anyway?
Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

Yes. Unless you have passed a document directly to Mark (or vice versa), then it is only assumed to be the same document.

For example, if you both had an IPL for a Pioneer xxx, but had different versions of that IPL, then we could lose one version by not directly comparing the two. The only way to effectively compare the documents is to have one person compare each document directly and confirm that they are the same/different.

This will also allow us to keep the best copy of each duplicate.

:cheers:

Guys, I have a good collection of P-series service bulletins and IPL's from around '78 to '88. I also have miscellaneous carb and bar/chain charts and other interesting things. The problem is, I do not have them scanned. When the first of you get your files in, I'll know where to start. Either that or let me know what you have already in regards to P-series stuff.
Brendon.

Hello Chris

So Chris, I'm thinking you are the one who is going to be the recepient of all this information we can provide and then you are going to put it someplace where we can access it for our own use.Am I right? If so when do you want us to start sending to you?Also I think you did mention you are on dial up.Does this mean it would take you longer to accomplish this huge task?
Thanks
Lawrence

So Chris, I'm thinking you are the one who is going to be the recepient of all this information we can provide and then you are going to put it someplace where we can access it for our own use.Am I right? If so when do you want us to start sending to you?Also I think you did mention you are on dial up.Does this mean it would take you longer to accomplish this huge task?
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence

Yes, I will upload the files to a site and provide the download links. That way everyone can download the files at their leisure.

Scanned documents can be sent to me at any time. Send them to cjcocnATgmail.com.

I have a high-speed connection at work so downloading and uploading the files is not a problem. I will download them at work, take them home and sort them, then bring them back to work and upload them. :D

Being on dial-up at home does not add any time to the task, so I will be done pretty quick. :)

The email you listed is it cjcocnATgmail.com or is it
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence

It is the second one you posted (with the @ symbol), but I do not like to post my email on forums as bots can grab them and start sending me too much junk mail. ;)

If you could edit your post and delete my email address I would appreciate it. :D

Mark,Sorry what were we going to do?PM me if it is private.
Lawrence

No biggie, I was just trying to say that I already have them done and if there the same you wont have to scan them!

I had planned on sending you a cd anyway and that way you can look at what I have and if there the same, your off the hook. LOL:cheers:

ipl's

Hello Fellas
Wish I had some good old Pioneer info to share. Dont think I have much, but I'll look through my library.
BTW I purchased an Oregon AX511 (New), and now that the cat is out of the bag, I have people wanting me to do their chain sharpening. What are the current rates. Spent several years using the 511 when I was in the business full time. But its been awhile. One shop I worked in we used to charge by the cutter then add if the depth gauges(drags) also needed taken down. Another shop we just charged by the chain length as determined by the number of drive links. That cost was set to be constant weather the drags were ground or not. Which I believe led to a bit higher cost for those who had chains not ready for the drags to be ground. of course Im thinkin in terms of US dollars. the overwhelming answer I get when I call the shops in the area is bring the chain in THEN well discuss price! Dirty Dogs.

Rennie

I'm not sure of that but I have this!

attachment.php

I have that as well. Did you scan that booklet?All the stuff that I listed after you posted what information you have is from the 1st edition from Pioneer.
Now the other page of the index I posted below is from the 2nd edition.Am I confusing you yet?
Lawrence

I have that as well. Did you scan that booklet?All the stuff that I listed after you posted what information you have is from the 1st edition from Pioneer.
Now the other page of the index I posted below is from the 2nd edition.Am I confusing you yet?
Lawrence

No your not confusing me, I know there are different versions, thats why we need to get it all together in one place.

Yes I did scan that service manual and I also split each individual saw series service section out seperatly.

I'll try to help out where I can, but between work, family & moving halfway across the country I'm going to be pretty much tied up for a couple months. I'll try to get a list put together of what I have here & we'll see how much is duplicated.

Well I think I found my answer in another thread here in the ol chainsaw forums. Seems that now the Pioneer 1074 A/F covers are presently being made out of "unobtainium'!:dizzy::cry::mad:

Well I think I found my answer in another thread here in the ol chainsaw forums. Seems that now the Pioneer 1074 A/F covers are presently being made out of "unobtainium'!:dizzy::cry::mad:

There have been no new Pioneer parts made since the mid 1980`s,you have to search out NOS pieces or find good used parts. Have you asked for a cover on this site?
Pioneerguy600

Back