Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pioneer

Just got this running today. from what I understand it's a 1965 Pioneer 110cc (maybe 115cc?) model 750. took some cleaning and adjustments but in the it started on one pull, idled, and ran at high RPM like a top! still some work to do however I wanted to make sure it ran first! Considering a restoration (just cosmetic). but I need to source the head cover first.

Have a look, Enjoy!

View attachment 188230

Just got this running today. from what I understand it's a 1965 Pioneer 110cc (maybe 115cc?) model 750. took some cleaning and adjustments but in the it started on one pull, idled, and ran at high RPM like a top! still some work to do however I wanted to make sure it ran first! Considering a restoration (just cosmetic). but I need to source the head cover first.

Have a look, Enjoy!

View attachment 188230

Awesome saws: 700/750--107cc. I have a 700D with a 750 cylinder, actually 2, a parts 750, and 2 gear drives. I see you have the clutch cover with all the factory trimmings. I'm first in line if you ever want to give that saw up!!

Good luck finding the top cover. Hard to find those that aren't busted somehow. You'll also need the aluminum shroud that wraps around the cylinder for cooling. Looks like you'll need a new air filter judging by that worn out thing in the picture just below the bar.

Chris B.

Awesome saws: 700/750--107cc. I have a 700D with a 750 cylinder, actually 2, a parts 750, and 2 gear drives. I see you have the clutch cover with all the factory trimmings. I'm first in line if you ever want to give that saw up!!

Good luck finding the top cover. Hard to find those that aren't busted somehow. You'll also need the aluminum shroud that wraps around the cylinder for cooling. Looks like you'll need a new air filter judging by that worn out thing in the picture just below the bar.

Chris B.

It used to be my dads saw, as far as I know it was fully in tact when he bought it some years ago, the top cover and cooling shroud might be out at our cabin. I havent made it out there to look for it yet. Suprisingly (although the picture doesn't give it justice) the air filter screen and cover are in tact, the cover is in good shape, the screen isnt torn and it's still attached to the brass centre washer. not sure if its supposed to have some sort of fiber filter as well. Any info on it

It used to be my dads saw, as far as I know it was fully in tact when he bought it some years ago, the top cover and cooling shroud might be out at our cabin. I havent made it out there to look for it yet. Suprisingly (although the picture doesn't give it justice) the air filter screen and cover are in tact, the cover is in good shape, the screen isnt torn and it's still attached to the brass centre washer. not sure if its supposed to have some sort of fiber filter as well. Any info on it

Nice looking saw. Yours has the leather chip shield also. Take good care of it.

Here's some info. Model Profile: 750

Nice looking saw. Yours has the leather chip shield also. Take good care of it.

Here's some info. Model Profile: 750

Didn't realize it was supposed to be leather. It's made of some sort of plastic or vinyl martial, almost see through if it wasnt so faded. But looks original. Shaped as so, and it's got clean lines. Did they make them out of any other materials than leather? Maybe it's been replaced.

The screen is just the base, should be flocked.

Chris B.

Didn't realize it was supposed to be leather. It's made of some sort of plastic or vinyl martial, almost see through if it wasnt so faded. But looks original. Shaped as so, and it's got clean lines. Did they make them out of any other materials than leather? Maybe it's been replaced.

Mine is plastic also.I think the material depended on whether it was added on after as an accessory or if it came from the factory with it on.I think both options were available.Pioneerguy600 would know I believe.Nice big Pioneer that baby!Welcome to the Pioneer thread!
Lawrence

Mine is plastic also.I think the material depended on whether it was added on after as an accessory or if it came from the factory with it on.I think both options were available.Pioneerguy600 would know I believe.Nice big Pioneer that baby!Welcome to the Pioneer thread!
Lawrence

I thought I read here that they made them from leather also. I could be wrong. I do know you don't see them too often though. :msp_smile:

Hey fellas, I found this site by googling ( what i have found out to be a common problem) "Farmsaw recoil". I am trying to help a friend bring his fathers Farmsaw back to life. It is in mint shape, but as you have already guessed the plastic gear portion of the the recoil pulley is stripped. Do any of you know where I can find one? If not, is there another manufacture that makes something similar that will work?

Thanks

Shawn.

Can you post a pic of the part you need? I may have it but I'm not sure which part it is. Dan

P35

There is someone in Peterborough, Ontario looking for the top cylinder shroud for a P35. He has a picture of the saw with the ad. Anyone out there with any pieces. I know these saws are very scarce. There was an article here, but I can's seem to locate it with the search engine.

P35 Clutch Cover & Chainbrake

There is someone in Peterborough, Ontario looking for the top cylinder shroud for a P35. He has a picture of the saw with the ad. Anyone out there with any pieces. I know these saws are very scarce. There was an article here, but I can's seem to locate it with the search engine.

In the unlikely event that anyone has any parts for Pioneer P35, I need a clutch cover & chainbrake.

P35

The P35 in the ad is my saw. The fellow with the ad is looking for parts for me.
Parts for a P35 will be hard to find. It will take time
There are photos on Page 239

Last edited:
I kind of wondered if it was you when I saw the Peterborough listing. Looks like you are not the only one looking for parts.
I got the saw from the fellow in Peterborough. We traded several saws and other good Pioneer and IEL stuff. Have traded several times since then. It is always fun to trade rather then spend big $$$
I am sure more P35 saws will surface in time. I know of 4 saws for sure and a few rumors of others. From the serial numbers at least 55 were made my guess is the run was more like 100-125.

I was putting a new fuel line on a Farmsaw this morning and broke the fitting that screws into the case with the lines attaching to it,any one know where I can find one? Thanks, Dan
If I read my IPL correctly it is pn 431268. I prefaced Pioneers pn with 507 (Poulan/weedeater - Thanks to Grande Dog for this trick) and found many possible sources (Google search for 507431268). I did not look at Bailey's, it is possible they too are a source.
Lou

If I read my IPL correctly it is pn 431268. I prefaced Pioneers pn with 507 (Poulan/weedeater - Thanks to Grande Dog for this trick) and found many possible sources (Google search for 507431268). I did not look at Bailey's, it is possible they too are a source.
Lou

Thanks Lou, will check it out. Dan :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back