Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I read my IPL correctly it is pn 431268. I prefaced Pioneers pn with 507 (Poulan/weedeater - Thanks to Grande Dog for this trick) and found many possible sources (Google search for 507431268). I did not look at Bailey's, it is possible they too are a source.
Lou

I called my local Poulan dealer and they will have a couple of those connectors for me in a day or two .Since it was a Pioneer saw the idea of checking with a Poulan dealer never crossed my mind.Thanks again Lou. Dan :msp_thumbsup:

Thanks to Gregg (Grande Dog)

I called my local Poulan dealer and they will have a couple of those connectors for me in a day or two .Since it was a Pioneer saw the idea of checking with a Poulan dealer never crossed my mind.Thanks again Lou. Dan :msp_thumbsup:
You are quite welcome. File that trick away for later use Dan. Poulan inherited Pioneer. Many of their products were based on that line.
Lou

Selling my P10

I'm posting it here first.

For Sale:
Pioneer P10 chainsaw. Ran before rope pulley failed. New rope, couple of hours use on a new chain. Needs rope pulley replaced.

$10 plus shipping cost to your zip code.

View attachment 188850

Pioneer P60 W/ Auger Attatchment

I picked this up from a guy out of Oregon over winter. It's still missing a couple things, but it's still functional. I tore it down to the case and cleaned everything up. It has been taken apart many times by the looks of it. The inside of the case was spotless, so I didn't feel the need to crack that open. It looked like it ate a piece of metal at some point, maybe the spark plug. The piston was in decent shape still, just a few dings on the top. The thing that surprised me was the buildup in the piston windows, they were almost completely full of a very hard carbon deposit. It was rolling out of the window and scoring the piston a little bit. It seemed nobody ever cleaned them out when it was apart before.
I got it all back together and running great. I just used it last week to noodle up some big stumps Ive had lying around for a while. It's not the best noodler with that clutch cover, it got clogged very easy. It tore those huge stumps in half with ease. It already aquired a nickname of ODB (old dirty bastard) from my friends. I'm going to help my neighbor with the auger attatchment next week, he's building a fence. It's a great saw and I'm excited to try the auger which was made in Wisconsin. The bottom pic is a quick vid of it running-enjoy.:msp_smile:
Thanks Kevin

2011january010.jpg

2011january015.jpg

I picked this up from a guy out of Oregon over winter. It's still missing a couple things, but it's still functional. I tore it down to the case and cleaned everything up. It has been taken apart many times by the looks of it. The inside of the case was spotless, so I didn't feel the need to crack that open. It looked like it ate a piece of metal at some point, maybe the spark plug. The piston was in decent shape still, just a few dings on the top. The thing that surprised me was the buildup in the piston windows, they were almost completely full of a very hard carbon deposit. It was rolling out of the window and scoring the piston a little bit. It seemed nobody ever cleaned them out when it was apart before.
I got it all back together and running great. I just used it last week to noodle up some big stumps Ive had lying around for a while. It's not the best noodler with that clutch cover, it got clogged very easy. It tore those huge stumps in half with ease. It already aquired a nickname of ODB (old dirty bastard) from my friends. I'm going to help my neighbor with the auger attatchment next week, he's building a fence. It's a great saw and I'm excited to try the auger which was made in Wisconsin. The bottom pic is a quick vid of it running-enjoy.:msp_smile:
Thanks Kevin

Your carb sounds fat to me Kevin, but it's got a nice rumble. I been looking for one of those for awhile. Nice score!

Your carb sounds fat to me Kevin, but it's got a nice rumble. I been looking for one of those for awhile. Nice score!

It is running a bit rich, I like to run them a little rich for the first tank or two. I'm not sure if it helps or hurts. I sliced and diced 8-30"big knotty trunks up and It's still on the first tank. I hope you can find one someday, they are a hoot to run. I'll get some video of the auger in action this weekend, my neighbor is ready to get his fence up.

This is the first Pioneer I've ever seen. The paint on the top is kinda worn but it looks like it says 700. The tag on the front of the engine says model 700. Went to Achers site and they don't list a 700, only a 7000. What's the cc on this one? I paid $25 for the 2 saws, so I guees its worth $12.50. Does pull over with good compression, Joe.

004-15.jpg

001-27.jpg

This is the first Pioneer I've ever seen. The paint on the top is kinda worn but it looks like it says 700. The tag on the front of the engine says model 700. Went to Achers site and they don't list a 700, only a 7000. What's the cc on this one? I paid $25 for the 2 saws, so I guees its worth $12.50. Does pull over with good compression, Joe.

004-15.jpg

001-27.jpg

Nice saw. Look a little a furthers at Acres' site, it is listed there. 107cc.

Chris B.

004-15.jpg

001-27.jpg

I just got my 700 running, I'm missing the cover. If your interested in selling let me be the first to know.

P-51 crankcase and piston + P-52 jug + P-42 ignition = saw?

I'm hoping I can get my favorite saw going again this way. (Yup, the ignition died again.) I had a lot of different saws when I used to cut timber for a living, but I like the old Pioneer better than any of the others.

I believe that my P-51 bottom end is the same as a P-60. Can someone tell me for sure?

If I can find a new P-52 jug, I'd also like to find a new piston - or at least rings.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm hoping I can get my favorite saw going again this way. (Yup, the ignition died again.) I had a lot of different saws when I used to cut timber for a living, but I like the old Pioneer better than any of the others.

I believe that my P-51 bottom end is the same as a P-60. Can someone tell me for sure?

If I can find a new P-52 jug, I'd also like to find a new piston - or at least rings.

I will go out on a limb here and say yes, the 51 is the same as the 61 so a 60 should be no real difference. Best of luck with this project, the big P series saws were great in their day.

P-42 ignition won't fit a 52

The P50 51 52 and P60 61 62 saws used the same bottom end as long as they are Pioneer
The Pioneer Partner P52 and P62 will fit but use the ignition the same as a P42. If you use a newer jug you will need the ignition and flywheel.
I have a P50 base with P60 piston, P62 cylinder and uses a P42 ignition and flywheel.
Some cylinders are also skirted on the bottom.
Another option is bolt on an ignition from a 410 Homelite. They are for sale on ebay but they want big $$$

P-60 crank + P-51 piston + P-52 jug + P-42 ignition = saw?

Thanks, guys, for getting right back to me!

Your info. coincides with what I thought I had figured out. I have a P-42 flywheel and ignition, so I should be able to get the old girl running with a P-52 jug. I've considered the Homelite 410 ignition - it should go right on my nicely-ported P-51 jug. But it's a hundred bucks! Anyway, I need to make a decision.

I've also considered making it into a P-62, if I find a jug and piston. Not sure if it would have any advantage in 28"-bar kind of wood, though.

I miss the power/ torque of my old P-51. I used to compete (and win) with it on weekends and cut timber with it all week. Same with my P-42. Nope, I don't want a new saw.

Thanks again

A P62 might be a bit overkill but they sure put a smile on my face every time I fire one of mine up. For the cutting experience of a lifetime with the P series saws its hard to beat a ported BP655 with a modded intake and muffler.

Latest posts

Back