Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspected it was the P50ish saw.......

Moving on.......I wonder about restoring this.....

ImportedPhotos00007_zpsdf3e1b4a.jpg

ImportedPhotos00006_zps38da2a2a.jpg

I got a 754 tore down now. Eventually I'll put it back together....
Most complicated saw I've ever tore apart. :dizzy:

Most likely a 5 cube PP 525. Same as a P52. I'm saying this cause no aux. manual oiler like the 6 cubes. Although stuff has been switched. A bore measure is the only way to determine 5 or 6 cubes.

Yup. A 5-cuber should be something like 52.4mm, and a 6-cuber would be about 57.1mm.

This 3071 seems to be a sort of bastard Pioneer. None of the others are quite like it. Piston oiler under the flywheel, plastic fuel tank sandwiched in a vertically split crankcase, inboard clutch and 65cc! Strange saw to offer a full wrap on. Anyway, compression is down on mine a bit, around 100 psi. But, it does start, idle and cut well enough. I'm hoping a set of rings will smarten it up. Parts for this thing seem few and far between. Luckily, I have the Tilly carb so no worries over trying to find diaphragms for an OMC carb.

Mine has, and the IPL shows, an oil indicator mounted in upper handle bracket. How is that thing supposed to work?

Saw shows the typical Pioneer paint loss. Makes the saw look worse than it really is.

Pioneer_3071_1_zpsb2fb3131.jpg

Pioneer_3071_2_zps0bbb24c0.jpg

Pioneer_3071_3_zpsb13f3ac1.jpg

Yes Canada Post is still best price wise but they have beaten some of my boxes quite bad whenb shipping saws either way, to or from Canada, hence the heavy packing of saws that really want tp preserve their looks and value.
I have collected several of the Pioneer/Partner saws so far, I have picts for some of them but not all. Have to pull them all out and give them a quick cleanup and do a pict take of them. Here are a couple I have had for some time now,

Picturesteer%2520roast%25202011%2520757.jpg

Jerry
Nice lookin saws. If you ever decide to to trade or part with one of the 5000 Plus saws I would be interested. I have all the larger line of saws P39-P65. The 500 is a nice little saw to handle. I have been told the 5000 Plus has a lot more power??? Never seen a 7000?

Jerry
Nice lookin saws. If you ever decide to to trade or part with one of the 5000 Plus saws I would be interested. I have all the larger line of saws P39-P65. The 500 is a nice little saw to handle. I have been told the 5000 Plus has a lot more power??? Never seen a 7000?

The 500 is open port and the 5000+ is closed. That's where the power difference is.

Back