Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense to me. Since a Farmsaw one will fit I can bide my time as there should be some junkers out there with coils that are dead.

Those blocks are very prone to cracking. I've got saws that I've had for years and they're cracked and still don't leak. Granted, I don't use them everyday either.

This one is cracked both sides of the insert on the PTO side. I'm guessing that a lot of them only crack on the outboard side so they don't leak.

I have seen most of them just cracked on the outboard side of the inserts and they will work and not cause any trouble but if one is cracked all the way through then its time to replace that one.

Thanks Jerry it sucks that its raining hear the saw looks way nicer out in the sun very shiny . camera dose not work very good in my work shed with the light I have this saw was done in base clear

Been working on this saw for a few months now restored it for a friend I just need to assemble the helper handle when it cures .The owner has the bar and chain and cables for him some assembly required lol

Joe They just keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see it close up.
Walked for miles today at the annual auto fleamarket and came up with a couple of item. 2 NOS 100ft rolls of Pioneer chain. One is 058 .325 and the unopened box is 058 3/8. I left some behind for the next fellow.

Joe They just keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see it close up.
Walked for miles today at the annual auto fleamarket and came up with a couple of item. 2 NOS 100ft rolls of Pioneer chain. One is 058 .325 and the unopened box is 058 3/8. I left some behind for the next fellow.

Very nice score Jeff I will be there on Sunday and clean up any scraps you left behind lol . Maybe there will be some new stuff come in you never know I will watch for any large P series for you talk to you soon :msp_w00t:

Back