Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lawrence, great to see you back here, I hope all is well! You are the man who started the best thread on AS and it's nice the hear from you again. The site was hacked with a nasty virus and hasn't been the same since. Some personal info was lost along the way.
Hi Brendon
Hey man it's great to hear from you ! Thanks so much for the kind words ! I may have started the thread but you guy's added so much great information to it that it became what it is ! I'm dealing with some unpleasant life events that came my way,but as you know we all go through things that are not what we wanted.So we have to pick ourselves up and go forward. I will try and PM you and others when I find out what's wonky with me PM ing you guy's
Talk Later
Lawrence

Just click on the users name as you used to and click on "start a conversation". Same as PM.
Hi Tim
Thanks for the information ! Not sure what is going on here maybe it's my computer but the site just does not work the way it used to for me.When i click on the users name a sort of ghost image of what I should really see comes up.Anyway this thread is not the place i should take the problem to .I will put it up on another thread
Thanks Again
Lawrence

Hi Jerry
Hey I'm not sure what's going on with this site, I want to PM you but for some reason I can't find the PM on your profile or anyone elses for that matter.
Hi to all you other guy's it's been a long time but I have had many issues to deal with.Hope all of you are well !

Good to hear from you again Lawrence. I hope life is getting better for you old friend. I have not been on here as much since the big problem this site had from some hackers breaking in and causing havoc. We can help you with the not being able to send PM`s .

Hi Ed
Thanks for the greeting ! Seems like I came home from being away somewhere. I'm going to try and pop in now and then but I have a lot on my plate right now.That's life though, everyone goes through things.
Lawrence
Hi Lawrence, great to see you back posting. I hope all is well with you.

g

Good to hear from you again Lawrence. I hope life is getting better for you old friend. I have not been on here as much since the big problem this site had from some hackers breaking in and causing havoc. We can help you with the not being able to send PM`s .

Hi Jerry old friend !
How's it going for you these day's ? Thanks for the greeting ! I will send you a PM and let you know what's been going on. I mean I will try and send you a PM LOL

Hi Jerry old friend !
How's it going for you these day's ? Thanks for the greeting ! I will send you a PM and let you know what's been going on. I mean I will try and send you a PM LOL

I am doing quite well, good health and still travelling as much as I can.
I sent you a PM that is now called a conversation in this new format the site is running, it should show up at the top left of your page in the ,Inbox, next to your site name.

So aside from the "Homelite Envy" paint job, was there ever even an 1100 Holiday?

And I'm leaning toward the 1100 badge indicating that this is a 58cc saw regardless of the air filter cover?
I think what you have there is a Holliday G, they were built on the 1100 platform and for all intents and purposes was an 1100 which was a 58 cc saw. I would have to pull one of mine out to look closely but as far as I can remember the serial/model tag did not have anything on it but 1100 for a model.

Thanks for the info. What differentiated the W, Y, and G? And what was the prevalent color? Looks like this one may have been a sort of cream color...maybe what is referred to as Pioneer Yellow? Or maybe their "white"?

Pretty cool little saw. Lots of compression, but needs a good cleaning and going over before trying to start it. Same with the NU-17, but it supposedly ran last year. Clean fuel tank, but pretty funky everywhere else! Weird how the paint is flaking away, but it doesn't look like there was any primer under it, either.

Thanks for the info. What differentiated the W, Y, and G? And what was the prevalent color? Looks like this one may have been a sort of cream color...maybe what is referred to as Pioneer Yellow? Or maybe their "white"?

Pretty cool little saw. Lots of compression, but needs a good cleaning and going over before trying to start it. Same with the NU-17, but it supposedly ran last year. Clean fuel tank, but pretty funky everywhere else! Weird how the paint is flaking away, but it doesn't look like there was any primer under it, either.
The 1100`s came in those three colors, white, yellow and green. The Holiday was white, the regular 1100 sold in NA was a light yellow and there was a darker green model slated for export, some of them did get end up in NA. I would say the yellow ones sold the most but don`t have actual numbers to back that up. Just see a lot more of the yellow ones around.
Your saw was likely the whiteish version, all of the ones I have come across were. I believe your saw is a G model due to it having a stack rather than the chromed muffler that came on the GA model.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...8746d42a513e218388256b000010c491?OpenDocument

The NU17 looks to be in good shape, all the top buttons are still there which is rare. The paint used on Pioneers is notorious for falling off if the saws are stored in damp cold conditions, no primer was used under their paint. The 400, 450 and NU17 all used the same body parts, its not unusual to see NU17`s that have yellow as the underlying paint color , the 400`s were yellow. The NU17`s received a coat of bronze paint most often right over the yellow. They are heavy for their size but pull really well for a 87 cc saw from that time era.

Hoping someone here can help me identify this saw. Was pointed in this direction by a few nice gentlemen. It's a target brand concrete saw but sure looks to be a Pioneer with a Target branding. The model number on it is T5214S. Anything is very helpful, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18
Hoping someone here can help me identify this saw. Was pointed in this direction by a few nice gentlemen. It's a target brand concrete saw but sure looks to be a Pioneer with a Target branding. The model number on it is T5214S. Anything is very helpful, thanks
Answered my own question, it's a P52.

Yep, it's a 82cc based off the P52 powerhead. Most of the time the piston will show some scoring due to the concrete dust.
I have a bunch of those if you need any parts. They can be converted into a chainsaw by adding an oiler and worm gear.
You also need to cut out the oil fill cap area, or put a different case 1/2 on the clutch side.

Yep, it's a 82cc based off the P52 powerhead. Most of the time the piston will show some scoring due to the concrete dust.
I have a bunch of those if you need any parts. They can be converted into a chainsaw by adding an oiler and worm gear.
You also need to cut out the oil fill cap area, or put a different case 1/2 on the clutch side.
I haven't checked with a dealer yet, but do you know if they still sell the carburetors for these saws. The one on this saw needs replaced or a total rebuild.

Back