Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wish to get Jerry down, I would suggest you Photoshop out the snow and add a little greenery.
Tim
I think the weather conditions in the photo look very inviting compared to the mess we are getting today. My woodpile is now covered in snow and we have strong winds.
Looks like I may get a break from splitting for a while.

Tim
I think the weather conditions in the photo look very inviting compared to the mess we are getting today. My woodpile is now covered in snow and we have strong winds.
Looks like I may get a break from splitting for a while.

What the heck is with that? +10C yesterday and -30C wind chills tonight. Yesterday gave me hope though. The bird bath appeared yesterday and is gone again today.

hey does anyone know where i can find a gas cap for a 1981 Pioneer farm saw? mine swelled up and while removing got destroyed. its really impossible to find parts on the net for these things,
Thanks in advance.

Mike.

edit:also im not sure if this was the right thread to post in or not just the only one i saw from google that was discussing pioneer saws.

Seems to be a common problem. All you can do is keep looking on ebay and elsewhere to see if one comes up. You might give chainsawr a call and see if they may have one.

Don't throw those swelled fuel caps away, I rework the root of the threads with a 3-sided file until it will thread into the tank, file test repeat until it works, if it takes a lot of filing you may have to touch the crown of the threads with a flat file.

ok, i picked up a NOS cylinder/piston/pin clips etc today, #476292, 405, 405 Plus, P42, correct? will it also fit in a P41 and a 455 frame? uses the same rings as P41, P42, etc. correct?

Like Jeff mentioned, the P41 has different coil mounts. It will fit the 455 also, but P42/405/41 have a 65cc displacement. The 455/P45 are 72cc. You can put the 405/P42 top end on a 455 if you wanted.

Like Jeff mentioned, the P41 has different coil mounts. It will fit the 455 also, but P42/405/41 have a 65cc displacement. The 455/P45 are 72cc. You can put the 405/P42 top end on a 455 if you wanted.
great, I have both a spare 455 chassis and P42. just testing what I can build.

Here it is Pew parts
ezydu2uh.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Seems to be a common problem. All you can do is keep looking on ebay and elsewhere to see if one comes up. You might give chainsawr a call and see if they may have one.

Yeah, i was thinking about that i checked there online store and they were out of stock on pretty much all the gas caps they sell, i did however find one from a member on this site. can't wait to start the saw up.

I know the caps from a P38 will fit the Farmsaw and likely some from other models. Its a common problem with them but I am now fresh out of replacements, let many of them go already.
i got one one the way. thanks for the idea. i wasn't sure if any of the other models would fit good to know.

Don't throw those swelled fuel caps away, I rework the root of the threads with a 3-sided file until it will thread into the tank, file test repeat until it works, if it takes a lot of filing you may have to touch the crown of the threads with a flat file.
i was wondering if there was a way to re-thread the cap. i was kicking around ideas about that the other day. ill try that ill have a backup cap then if something ever happens to the one im putting on it.

after realizing how hard it was to find i wasn't even thinking about throwing it out.

i got one one the way. thanks for the idea. i wasn't sure if any of the other models would fit good to know.
Where did you find one? I have a Farmsaw and love it, been using it for about a year and last month the gas cap swelled up. I thought I had cross threaded it at first.

I had two P-41s complete, a P-40 carcass and a PP-505(?) carcass that I tried making three runners out of. Led to a lot of head scratchin'.

I had two P-41s complete, a P-40 carcass and a PP-505(?) carcass that I tried making three runners out of. Led to a lot of head scratchin'.
those are to far apart to swap parts. The 41, 42 405 455 are virtually the same carcass. I have running 41, 42 and 455's already, I have 41 and 455 carcasses.

I posted a few pictures a while back of a Target Concrete saw that is based on the P52 saw, just got around to working on it some more and found it has a wore out cylinder. I am not really interested in fixing it for I have no use in a concrete saw, but I figured someone here would like to have it. I just had the carb rebuilt and put a new trigger handle on it. Saw is very clean now and is solid other than the p&c. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back