Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to identify these two cylinders…both are 57.1mm.
I’m guessing p60 series saws, but not sure on the differences. Coil mounts are a bit of a diffeeent configuration, and one has the sleeve that drops into the case. One has mahle 32612 stamped into it…the other just says mahle. image.jpgCDE90C1A-6DCF-495A-9310-A728D5A89B24.jpeg
image.jpg

I am rebuilding a P60 that I picked up and for the most part is complete but the muffler is rotten and the decompression vale is gone, they had a bolt in the hole. Can someone give me some options for replacing the decompression. I have had no luck searching for one thus far. Can a Stihl or Husky be modified to fit? I know the thread pitch in the Pioneer is standard and the H&S are metric. I am open to any thoughts or ideas. Thanks

I am rebuilding a P60 that I picked up and for the most part is complete but the muffler is rotten and the decompression vale is gone, they had a bolt in the hole. Can someone give me some options for replacing the decompression. I have had no luck searching for one thus far. Can a Stihl or Husky be modified to fit? I know the thread pitch in the Pioneer is standard and the H&S are metric. I am open to any thoughts or ideas. Thanks

you in surrey, bc?
i'll have a look
kinda doubtful, tho

Trying to identify these two cylinders…both are 57.1mm.
I’m guessing p60 series saws, but not sure on the differences. Coil mounts are a bit of a diffeeent configuration, and one has the sleeve that drops into the case. One has mahle 32612 stamped into it…the other just says mahle. View attachment 1039849View attachment 1039848
View attachment 1039850
The top cyl in Pic looks new , it looks like the one i have and was used early on a Pioneer P2 Saw, the ign module mount uses the the Phelon nn module , thats why the spacing mount config is different
The other cyl has the mount that fits the Prestolite Ign coil on the P60 ,P61 but the tranfers bridging usually is not inset furthur down in the cyl .Any that l am familier with the bridging is flush with the Base.

I would put a regular chainsaw threaded cylinder plug in it with a crush washer . Do you know thread size ? . Unless it has ungodly compression.

Latest posts

Back