Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to remove the rubber AV mounts on a Pioneer P41. Can they be removed without a tool? If so, how and are they standard thread or left hand thread. I tried searching and only came up with a special tool to remove them?

After a 4 year break from saws and this site, I’ve been tinkering again. Finishing up a couple projects here. I’m looking for a plastic p28 air filter cover. Anyone have one they’d sell me ? Thank you
Bryce had a good deal of the black replacements last time I was looking for some.Originals are super scarce to find an unbroken one.

I tried the 365 Husqvarna coil swap on a P51 today no luck, then tried a made in china Husky 272 coil I had and have a good spark.
looking for a Pioneer P51 cylinder, NOS piston and rings on the way.View attachment 1052402
Nice to see another bc guy. I’m in Kelowna, got a few saws and parts kicking around. No p5 cyl unfortunately.

That’s right, thanks. Failed coil on mine. Just sits and looks pretty now. Played with my p28 today, same system.
Modules are one of their weak links on the Farmsaw, many of those saws are sidelined with no spark but with a bit of ingenuity other modules can be swapped in to make spark again.

My Farmsaw (purchased new in Alamogordo NM 1979) coil quit working in the early 90s when I foolishly stored it under a tarp on the ground at a GTG in Oregon. She did spend quite a while in storage in NM while I was stationed in Germany from 1986 until I retired in 1990. She started and cut like crazy until the GTG, and once more when I replaced the starter spool.
I baked the coil for 12 hours at 200 degrees and that fixed it. It is stored in my garage on a shelf about 3 feet above the cement slab. I easily started it about a month ago when I thought my Husky 359 was going to be problematic. I was wrong (Thank you, Lord)!
The only other weak point I've found on the Farmsaw is the plastic starter spool. I caught the starter rope in twigs while cutting and continued running it. When I shut her down she would not restart. The plastic recoil/starter spool was worn away. I'd suggest no one ever disable the starter compression release or expose the coil to moisture.
I hope your Pioneer experience is as good as mine has been.
I send the best of luck with your Pioneer.
Lou
I was an Avionics Instrument Technician. My claim to fame in the Air Force was repairing F-4 Phantom aircraft fuel quantity malfunctions. I think had I found a very large low-temperature oven I could have saved myself a ton of picofarad moisture shorts. I worked every model of Phantom the Air Force flew and a couple of Navy and Marine Phantoms. If you've ever seen the F4 Instrument panels (one front and one rear) every instrument; its sensing element; and the interconnecting wiring was mine to maintain/repair. I enjoyed my career from 1970 until 1983 (supervision sucks IMO). When you make E7 in the Air Force they take away your toolbox. I liked fixing malfunctions no one else could! IMO The mistake most of my coworkers made was to quit looking once they found one problem.
Again enjoy your Pioneer.

Back