Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a very rough pioneer 750 at the moment and i'm in need of 1 wrist pin circlip. Any chance someone has one or two laying around? I'm quite sure its the same as the ones on the 650/600/620 saws

I thought i had a spare from a parts saw, but it turns out i'd already stolen them for another saw that i forgot about.

Lots of corrosion and broken/cracked castings on the starter, i probably need those pieces too, but i know that i'm better off buying a parts saw locally with the price of shipping being what it is these days. I suspect a tree fell on the saw early in its life which saved it from seeing a lot of hard use, the motor is in remarkably good shape under all the crud.

20231014_134854.jpg

20231014_134902.jpg

had stuck rings and was very dry and gunky, but once i lubed it up and put some heat to the piston to slide the wrist pin out it all freed up.

Well I haven't started it yet but I think I found why my saw is hard to start and won't idle. This is a p42 saw with a 455 cylinder that has the 3rd transfer port. Well the case does not budge out enough to seal the base gasket around the port. I had checked and thought it just would but I cut off the extra gasket and felt my knife dip in. You can see it in the picture. Some black great stuff should seal it up perfectly. Can't wait till it dries to start it again. And see hoe it runs!!

Attachments

• 20231019_120211.jpg
    20231019_120211.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231019_120440.jpg
    20231019_120440.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Working on a very rough pioneer 750 at the moment and i'm in need of 1 wrist pin circlip. Any chance someone has one or two laying around? I'm quite sure its the same as the ones on the 650/600/620 saws

I thought i had a spare from a parts saw, but it turns out i'd already stolen them for another saw that i forgot about.

Lots of corrosion and broken/cracked castings on the starter, i probably need those pieces too, but i know that i'm better off buying a parts saw locally with the price of shipping being what it is these days. I suspect a tree fell on the saw early in its life which saved it from seeing a lot of hard use, the motor is in remarkably good shape under all the crud.

View attachment 1120412

View attachment 1120413

had stuck rings and was very dry and gunky, but once i lubed it up and put some heat to the piston to slide the wrist pin out it all freed up.

l should have some of those circlips . l will look this weekend and touch back. If you already found one , let me know.

View attachment 1120412

View attachment 1120413

If you have any old PM Canadiens around, those circlips will fit as well. At least, those with the same wrist pin diameter. 270s and 275s, etc..

Interesting fact, the 750 Pioneer piston is identical in dimensions to the 270 piston. The only issue you may encounter is pinned vs unpinned rings which is really only a problem with 1750 and later cylinders.

If you have any old PM Canadiens around, those circlips will fit as well. At least, those with the same wrist pin diameter. 270s and 275s, etc..

Interesting fact, the 750 Pioneer piston is identical in dimensions to the 270 piston. The only issue you may encounter is pinned vs unpinned rings which is really only a problem with 1750 and later cylinders.
750 just popped up forsale in langly. Looks complete.

Just saw it, funny story, its the same guy that i got this one off of. He was a little bit sketchy. Definitely lied in his posting about the condition of the saw i bought. Thanks for the heads up though.

i still haven't found a cir-clip, but was thinking it would be a standard size so a generic cir-clip of the right size might work. rather have a real one though.

Just saw it, funny story, its the same guy that i got this one off of. He was a little bit sketchy. Definitely lied in his posting about the condition of the saw i bought. Thanks for the heads up though.

i still haven't found a cir-clip, but was thinking it would be a standard size so a generic cir-clip of the right size might work. rather have a real one though.
He seems to list a lot of sketchy saws. But cheap pricing on a lot of it.

425062 circlip , l have a good used one here, l would be glad to ship out to you if you have not yet found one, Pm your Addy.

Back