Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice filter set up I have a P60 that I may do the same thing. I have a question for someone that has done port work on a P41. In the upper transfers there is a little lip where they open up into the cylinder. Does this lip/restriction serve a purpose and if not should I remove it to have better unrestricted flow. My brains tells me yes but I would like some opinions before I grind it out.

I just got a nice JA in and now I have the set. All have bars and chains. The JB came to me with 1/2" chain on a 32" bar, the JA has a 20".

The JB could use an original muffler. It was missing so my buddy took an RA muffler and modified it to fit. Got to keep twin outlets that way. I have the cover medallion for the JB.

As a bonus, this NOS JC clutch cover popped up for sale at the same time I got the JA.

IMG_20231123_54382.jpgIMG_20231123_54864.jpgIMG_20231123_54619.jpgIMG_20231122_56442.jpg

Those clutch Covers are like Hens Teeth to find. Very Nice. What Part of the USA did those saws reside prior to you getting your hands on them. l often wonder were most of them ended up?

The JC came from central Illinois I believe, the JB from Oregon and the JA originated in Wisconsin. The JA top cover has a dealer sticker on it, Wisconsin Power Equipment Inc., which I've seen on other IELs.

I just got a nice JA in and now I have the set. All have bars and chains. The JB came to me with 1/2" chain on a 32" bar, the JA has a 20".

The JB could use an original muffler. It was missing so my buddy took an RA muffler and modified it to fit. Got to keep twin outlets that way. I have the cover medallion for the JB.

As a bonus, this NOS JC clutch cover popped up for sale at the same time I got the JA.

View attachment 1130079View attachment 1130080View attachment 1130081View attachment 1130082
Be nice to see the bar mount pattern, maybe with a couple measurements. I picked up some old bars and you never know.

I just got a Pioneer P41S with a steel brake flag, and 2 P40 saws. The band is broken on the end (of the P41S) where it curls/rolls around the cover casting. Any available ?? I am getting the saw ahead of the horse but I will make sure one of them runs (I was told they do).

IMG_9044.jpeg
Sent a p42 out a little while ago for powder coating, came back the other day and started playing with it. Did the fun stuff first and put the decals on ha. Next I’ll clean the mating surfaces up and put a bottom end together. This saw had a rod bearing let go, and was parked, I got it with the piston froze in the jug. Was able to save the top end, have a good crank here to install now.
IMG_8065.png

Back