PIONEER P?? HelpHelp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy26

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Need help in identifying this Pioneer saw. I know it's not a p60 61 or 62. Tag on bottom is so worn it can't be seen. Possibly P42?? Need help from the experts on this site. I want to rebuild it. Thanks for the help20160727_094144.jpg 20160727_094221.jpg 20160727_094254.jpg

What Guido said, many parts get interchanged/swapped around on these older saws and it is hard to tell an exact model from say a clutch cover or recoil cover as these parts will interchange with many other models. The bore diameter can narrow it down the best.

Thanks Pioneerguy, the hardest part about trying to get these old saws running is locating and finding the parts. My project list includes a Poulan pro 455, Pioneer p60f, pioneer/partner p39 and the mystery saw shown. I just sold another primo condition Poulan pro 455 on that joke of a site called ebay where they take half of your earnings out for FEE'S. 20160725_125400.jpg
What Guido said, many parts get interchanged/swapped around on these older saws and it is hard to tell an exact model from say a clutch cover or recoil cover as these parts will interchange with many other models. The bore diameter can narrow it down the best.

I feel your pain on finding parts. I was lucky that I started out so many years ago on picking up Pioneer saws and parts, there was still quite a bit around back then but lately the stuff has dried up considerably. Bryce Stott still has some Pioneer stuff over in Marysville Washington state, look up cheapchainsaw parts on ebay and you may find some stuff there, its best to call him as he seldom has everything listed in his eBay storefront.

Latest posts

Back