Pioneer p61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upchuck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi
this is my first post, I live in Canada, British Columbia
its time to get in the wood and I have an old p61 that I used for a few years, it ran great then last year I think the coil went jugs up when it gets hot it don't run, I was wondering if anyone out there has an old coil for one of them rigs they want to get rid of on the cheap?

thanks

Hello, I have a friend that has a pioneer p45 loves it, right now it is down, because parts are so hard to find. I think I may have seen some coils online while looking for parts. I looked up Pioneer chainsaw parts I think good luck.

I went to a pawn shop and bought a Pioneer farmsaw for 100.00, its smaller than the old p61 but it'll do til I find another coil for it:chainsaw:

I wish they still made pioneer stuff cause I like them but parts are getting scarce

Hi

I agree, i wish Pioneer would start-up again i really did and still do like their products, i have rebuilt many of the chainsaws in the lower cc's and have two Farmsaws that i am looking for parts for, the hardest item to find is the Starter assembly. For your P61 there is a shop in Moline called Rottmans they may have what you need they sold and serviced Pioneer for yrs.

Doc

Last edited:
I have 3 pioneers in the 60 class right now. the problem that I do not want to rob a coil off of one as it leaves the with out. If you are interested in buying the whole saw I would be interested in selling it and then you could keep your saw as a parts saw.

Make sure that it is the coil. Sounds more like a gaulded piston.

Hello I know this is an old thread but today I made a Husqvarna 365 coil fit on a pioneer P61. Just slotted the one hole in the center of the coil towards the coil itself and made a piece work for the second mount. It works great and runs good. Way cheaper then trying to find the original coil for that saw when they were all bad for loosing spark. Bit mickey mouse but it works.

I used a black unlimited coil but probably could have used a blue coil too. The second screw mount was to hold the coil back from pivoting towards the flywheel, I didn't want to try to weld a nut to the existing coil so came up with this idea. Seems to work good hasn't moved, and that stuff on the coil by the screw is seal all where I ground back the body of the coil but after finishing it I think I didn't have to grind back the body at all. Surprisingly runs awesome, before I finished it I was worrying if it would be way off time but nope doesn't kick back through the pull handle when starting, and runs great through all the rpm. I don't have a way to check the timing with a timing light etc. Just had the kill wire off to show the coil, other then that all works good when connected.

Back