Please Help! Im desperately needing advice on how to go about this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Holman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I hope yall can help me, im just getting started in cutting slabs, I've been freehanding these but I need the cheapest chainsaw mill attachment there is that will accomplish my task, i have logs I want to cut even/flat slices out of, can the granberg mini mill be used this way instead of cutting the log length wise? Sometimes I end up wanting to cut a 3 inch slice and one end is 1.5-2 inches and the other is 3, I need it even. Please any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
I am confused...

You inquire about getting a mill for slabs but then inquire on and show a picture of a cookie. A mill will only assist in cutting slabs the length of the log.

Welcome to AS. If the saw is cutting slanted then it may need sharpened. If you are having problems cutting straight maybe you could mark the cut with chalk.

I am confused...

You inquire about getting a mill for slabs but then inquire on and show a picture of a cookie. A mill will only assist in cutting slabs the length of the log.
I know the mill can be used both ways just by looking at it, i just didnt know which to buy to do the job, I found the one im needing though, thanks

Latest posts

Back