Please Help!(Japanese Maple)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMH

Reaction score
a workman has hacked away at one side, bottom 3' of my beautiful 15'-20' Japanese Maple Tree. I live in the Uk and with winter almost here I am worried. What can I do to limit the damage? What damage (apart from cosmetic) may he have done?

I am very grateful for any help that you can give me,

Thank You

any chance of a pic?? Bottom 3'? 3' of limbs I assume.

What percentage of the crown would you estimate, has been removed?

:eek:

Like Tex said a photo may help to see the problem, but I would not do anything just yet.

When you say workman, do don't mean an arborist do you?
What was the workman doing pruning your tree anyway?

I also have a Japanese Maple in my garden, and branches from approx 2 ft, but i hazard a guess this guy probably cut the bottom branches for access(they were in his way) I was recently requested to visit a garden where 2x 20ft maples had been pruned by a landscape gardeners mini digger bucket, luckily he was still digging holes in the lawn when i arrived, and when i asked if he could explain his pruning methods, his answer was (they are just trees they'll be ok in a year or 2 ) :angry: we saved one i think? the other was a removal, email your address and one of my guys will take a look in the new year when he's passing...Jock [email protected]

Back