Please help me ID this Stihl Cylinder.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, I think its a stihl cyl. It came in a box of Homelite parts and didnt look Homlitey enough to be a Homie cyl.

Well, toninght While helping my Brother find a nice saw for himself, I came across this auction for a Stihl intake boot that looked like the one I was fitting on this cylinder. The boot was for an 064, but wasnt the exact one that I have so I have the cylinder nailed down to a manufacturer, but dont know what model.

Heres some pics.....

View attachment 39668

View attachment 39669

View attachment 39670

The cyl has a 2.047 bore (52mm?) and the #52zn20 cast into it.

Anyone know what it fits?

051 has both ports on the same side, i am not really sure what that cylinder is. could be a TS series cutoff saw.

The older stihl cylinders have smaller diameter holes through the fins. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures though how large the holes are.

I know on on the old stihl cylinders I can't use my torx sockets because the socket won't fit through the hole. I have to use a T-handle or screwdriver type.

Now he tells us he has the boot! Look really carefully at the boot. SOMEWHERE, usually near the ends, it will have a part number and a Stihl logo (tiny). Use a magnifier, and an oblique light.. it will be like 1118/06, or just 1118, or...

wait.. is this the boot from the cylinder or from the auction you referenced... if auction, that won't help as almost all boots "look" the same...

038S

I don't believe it's a stihl cylinder...

AND because of the style of the fins and type of boot it's not any of the 52mm bore huskys.

Our mistake was being misled by RBW who told us it was a stihl cylinder!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Jacob J. said:
Poulan 475/Jonsered 2077.

I think you may be right. Based on bore size and the use of a boot it is either an 820/830 or a 2077.

I don't have a jug off of either of those here so it's hard to say for sure. My IPLs do show those saws use signifigantly different boots so that would help ID it.

Lakeside53 said:
Our mistake was being misled by RBW who told us it was a stihl cylinder!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

We all know if a customer walked through the door with a jonsy in his hand and told you it was a stihl it wouldn't take you that long to realize the difference... Right:hmm3grin2orange:

retoocs555 said:
We all know if a customer walked through the door with a jonsy in his hand and told you it was a stihl it wouldn't take you that long to realize the difference... Right:hmm3grin2orange:

depends:D

If the boot RBW showed us a picture of was from this cylinder, it's definitely not a stihl - the Stihl boots don't have the holes though the rubber for the carb screws.

Lakeside53 said:

Good lord man, dont follow me!:dizzy:

Ok, Yeah, I totally screwed this whole thing up, thanks for your patience, Im new with this modern saw thing.

The boot has no numbers as far as a serial #. There is only a 1 molded into it near a seam.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back