Please ID bucking spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
motti

motti

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl '1119' spikes help

Hello all. I've been brwosing this amazing site for some time, and really enjoy it. I have a strange question for you. In the attached picture, can anyone identify the bucking spikes on this saw? I believe the saw is probably a Stihl 034, and the spikes may be custom made. I'm just trying to figure out if they are custom, stock, or maybe even from some other make/model of saw.
spike.jpg

Last edited:
Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
I was going to point that out as well. The more flat side facilitates the balancing of the saw on uneven surfaces. Much like a 385 which will fall off a log with ease unless you have the western dogs.
John

motti

motti

ArboristSite Operative
Lawn Masters said:
Thats on the cover of Texas chainsaw massacre 3 I believe.
You are correct! :clap: This picture is from a movie clip (not my saw). I was talking to several shops about these spikes, and they all think I'm nuts, or that these were custom-made. Are these still available from Stihl, or is it an older part number? Obviously, I'm not really into Stihl, but I'm learning. :)

motti

motti

ArboristSite Operative
fishhuntcutwood said:

OK, I have questions and problems again. These 1119 dogs are exactly what I want. I called my local Stihl dealer, and first thing was that he had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the full set of numbers printed in the picture (1119-664-0504 if I see it correctly), and he had to call and check with Stihl. He called back, and said there was no such part number. I told him they would fit on an 034, and he gave me some other numbers:
outside dog 1128-664-0500 for $10
inside dog 1110-664-0501 for $6

It seems weird to me that they'd charge different prices for the dogs (he thought so too). Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a set of 1119s in new/good condition to sell? Maybe someone on here that has an 'in' with the company can get a part number or order them for me?

Thanks to everyone on here with (obviously) the real knowledge. ;)

By the way, this (in my oppinion) is a real reason to have Stihl offer parts online. All I want is a part number list, and a picture, and I could do this all myself.

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
motti said:
OK, I have questions and problems again. These 1119 dogs are exactly what I want. I called my local Stihl dealer, and first thing was that he had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the full set of numbers printed in the picture (1119-664-0504 if I see it correctly), and he had to call and check with Stihl. He called back, and said there was no such part number. I told him they would fit on an 034, and he gave me some other numbers:
outside dog 1128-664-0500 for $10
inside dog 1110-664-0501 for $6

It seems weird to me that they'd charge different prices for the dogs (he thought so too). Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a set of 1119s in new/good condition to sell? Maybe someone on here that has an 'in' with the company can get a part number or order them for me?

Thanks to everyone on here with (obviously) the real knowledge. ;)

By the way, this (in my oppinion) is a real reason to have Stihl offer parts online. All I want is a part number list, and a picture, and I could do this all myself.

The 1119 part number you quote is obsolete and no longer available new. The part numbers given by your dealer are correct. You can get them from one or more of the Ebay store Stihl parts sellers, some of which are AS sponsers. PM me if they can't help you.

motti

motti

ArboristSite Operative
Freakingstang said:
They might be just what you are looking for...
Those are pretty close, but they are the '1115' part numbers. I'm looking for the '1119's. I've seen the '1119' spikes on 064s, as I've seen a few auctions for saws that include them.

I really appreciate the help. Still searching for those elusive 1119s for now.

motti

motti

ArboristSite Operative
fishhuntcutwood said:
I've got the outer dog in the pic I posted. It ain't new, but it's a 1119. Let me know if you're interested in that.
I am still looking for a set, but I sent you a PM about the one you have.

...the search continues. :)

Latest posts