Please recommend books for sw fl trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyrano138

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just to keep it short and sweet, I am a beginning arborist building a business and preparing for my certification, and I would like to make sure I approach this in the most educated way possible. There are some good resources online for trees in the Pacific Northwest and the other areas, but I haven't found very many for Southwest Florida, where I am. I'm looking for a basic tree and palm identification and care book for Southwest Florida, if anyone has any recommendations. There is one book recommended on the University of Florida ifas extension website but I'm not sure if it's any good. ( http://ifasbooks.ifas.ufl.edu/p-1389-trees-south-florida-the-keys.aspx )Any help would be greatly appreciated and also I should say that I've been lurking on the forum for a while and appreciate all the helpful information.

I'm going to start with the trees of Florida books at the UF iafs extension site. Of course I'm right on the boundary between Central and South Florida so I'll have to buy both. Thanks again for the advice. :)

Back