Pleased with the 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they do run not modded. But modded they are amazing how much pick-up you can get out of them. Alot of the loggars around here are switching over to 385. When modded will run with a modded 660 with less weight and less vibration.

I almost went with a new ehp385, but after some research found that the ported 372 would run with a stock 066 so I did that instead to save weight.

Thanks, guys. Looks like it's time to make a visit to the Husky shop. First it was white finger, then white hand, then white forearm, then white shoulder...you get the picture. This getting older stuff ain't for sissies. Don't tell Thall I'm looking at Husky, okay?

LOL,,,, Its OK Bob,,,,,

I have 5,,,,, and I like them all,,,, AND IF I HAVE A BUNCH OF CUTTING LIKE HALF A DAY WILL TAKE THE HUSKIES,,,,,,
My 385 is stock and is 2 years old no problems so far and is very smooth!!!! And did I mention Stout??????? I have never bought a new Stihl,,,,
But I have bought two new huskies.....

Last edited:
LOL,,,, Its OK Bob,,,,,

I have 5,,,,, and I like them all,,,, AND IF I HAVE A BUNCH OF CUTTING LIKE HALF A DAY WILL TAKE THE HUSKIES,,,,,,
My 385 is stock and is 2 years old no problems so far and is very smooth!!!! And did I mention Stout??????? I have never bought a new Stihl,,,,
But I have bought two new huskies.....

Yeah, it might be time for a change. I've used 66's for years, I'm comfortable with them, I can work on them a little, and I know what to expect from them in the woods. Dealer support is getting to be an issue. My favorite saw shop just changed hands and two of the best mechanics quit to go to work for the Husky shop.
But...even an old fart like me can adapt to changes in technology and if a better machine comes along I'd be foolish not to give it a chance.
I just spent two weeks falling for some friends of mine. They had a contract, were up against the weather, and had to get the wood out. You PNW guys know what I mean. Tree Sling'rs kind of show, balls to the wall from start to finish. My 66's are well tuned and smooth but by the end of every day I was numb clear to my shoulder. If the 385 or 390 will give me the same service, reliability, and performance I'll be trading in my Stihl hat for a Husky one.

Latest posts

Back