Plowmandan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
That's Ed Peabody right there, that's his house too.

snowplowing021.jpg

I actually got this guy from CL under the " gigs" section and what a gig its been. I have been clearing this guy's drive for 4 years nows. The house was built 1980 and in that time many a plowman has tried his metal upon this hill.

snowplowing024.jpg

Peabody says no one has stuck with it as long as I have.

It looks a little different now. I have bounced off the big oak on the left before.

snowplowing019.jpg

snowplowing015.jpg

I am actually probably stuck here. Well not stuck, I can always just slide back down which is usually what I do. I put it in nuetral and drop the plow. After I plow it once or twice I need to dump at least a 150 pounds of salt on it.

Dingo action

With this amount of snow I hit things with the plows the come back with the loader.

snowplowing011.jpg

snowplowing030.jpg

Its good for walkways too.

snowplowing029.jpg

Well anyway even if its a light snow I go out to Peabody's and it at least around a 100 bucks for the plow and salt each time. If I come off that drive in the wrong spot and sink in or get stuck on a boulder its gonna cost me BIG!
I think the problem others have had is they tried to plow up the hill where I just drive all the way up , clear the top and push all down. Some drives I do I have to back up and push out, they are steep but nothing fights back like Peabody's hill.
I can back up this hill time after time but not Peabody's.

snowplowing028.jpg

I service 12 properties, most rural. Its a long route but it works well. My customers don't give me trouble, I get what I need as far as money and it is completly fun as hell. We are bound for another foot on Wed.

Last edited:
This one came up over the plow and dumped all over the hood and glass, it was so cool to watch.

snowplowing007.jpg

snowplowing018.jpg

snowplowing016.jpg

And this is going down Peabody's hill

snowplowing022.jpg

Looks like fun, how long is Peabodies driveway? I thought you plowed with your F-150? Was it having a rest? About time you guys got some of that white stuff down there, we are tired of having it all! :cheers: Wheres Plas? Is he still buried under it all with his smart car?

Nice, ill snap a few tomorrow morning getting 8-14" but we will see.

Great photos Dan...one thing though - real men plow roads with an open cab skid steer instead of the toasty warm and dry cab of a truck. Plowing in the skid steer I like to see how long I can go before I loose feeling in the majority of my limbs and digits.

I think I am going to have to add a heater to "tiny" before next season.

One of the most exciting things about snow plowing is the $$$.

Have you considered a set of chains for your rear wheels? That will make the plow work a lot less exciting, but will pay for itself in one missed accident. I bought mine from tirechains.com

Great photos Dan...one thing though - real men plow roads with an open cab skid steer instead of the toasty warm and dry cab of a truck. Plowing in the skid steer I like to see how long I can go before I loose feeling in the majority of my limbs and digits.

I think I am going to have to add a heater to "tiny" before next season.

One of the most exciting things about snow plowing is the $$$.

Have you considered a set of chains for your rear wheels? That will make the plow work a lot less exciting, but will pay for itself in one missed accident. I bought mine from tirechains.com

could you cover the cab for the winter? Plexiglas and door? hell even some plastic. It will keep you warm, and with a heather you would be warm.

could you cover the cab for the winter? Plexiglas and door? hell even some plastic. It will keep you warm, and with a heather you would be warm.

In keeping with my rule about not borrowing money for equipment I was trying to save up. I bought a few sheets of lexan at Lowes a2 weeks back but haven't had time to put them on. I really want some on the roof - it sucks raw eggs when you tap a tree and get 1ft of snow dumped down your back. I have enough to do the sides too, but I am worried about visibility if I cover the front size I don't have a windshield wiper.

I have heard that there are some simple aftermarket heaters...at the rate I am running the equipment it will be a summer job. I don't like fooling with the engine or elec. when I might need to run it in the next day or so.

I am getting closer to buying a plow for the f350 every time I see pictures like the ones above.

In keeping with my rule about not borrowing money for equipment I was trying to save up. I bought a few sheets of lexan at Lowes a2 weeks back but haven't had time to put them on. I really want some on the roof - it sucks raw eggs when you tap a tree and get 1ft of snow dumped down your back. I have enough to do the sides too, but I am worried about visibility if I cover the front size I don't have a windshield wiper.

I have heard that there are some simple aftermarket heaters...at the rate I am running the equipment it will be a summer job. I don't like fooling with the engine or elec. when I might need to run it in the next day or so.

I am getting closer to buying a plow for the f350 every time I see pictures like the ones above.

We have around a foot coming, ill get you some pictures then you want one even more. Heated cab, music... fun for a while until you ass gets numb ha.

You could probably get an old wiper motor and wiper put of a car/ truck and rig it up.

Latest posts

Back