PNW area saw builder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg986547

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I should be able to find this with a search. But I'm having a tough time finding anyone in the NW that still builds modded saws... any help is appreciated!

looking to do moderate builds on a 460, 044, and possibly an 076.

thanks!

Greg

Another vote for Treeslingr'...He's done saws for quite a few people on here. He did my 660 for me and it's great. He doesn't make a lot of noise or brag on his work...his saws speak for him.

thanks for the feedback....I touched base with a tree sling'r and Simon today...not sure which one I'm going with yet ....both seem like they know what they're doing...

I have to agree with Tree Sling'r. Every report from his customers so far has been positive, whereas reports from Simon's customers are mixed.

Well I have heard very good reports about YOUR work, JJ.

To be fair, I have no firsthand experience with saws from any of these guys. There is another site that discusses modded saws alot, but it is hard to get an opinion out of those guys..... :greenchainsaw:

I have to agree with Tree Sling'r. Every report from his customers so far has been positive, whereas reports from Simon's customers are mixed.

Yup...If Treeslingr says he'll do something, he does it. Just as a side note, I was there when he did my 660. His work is meticulous and it shows in the results. Makes good coffee, too. :)

My 395Xp Slinger did will run a 32" bar w/ 8 tooth sprocket and full comp RSC chain, buried in hardwood. It cuts like an animal. For fun I've put a 10 pin sprocket, 18" bar and race chain on it, I can't wait to run in a 100cc work saw class next year.

where is tree slingr at?

anybody deal with Jack Bellar in nor cal.

I have tradded parts with him on ebay and talked a few times. He is a nice guy. see his vids on the tube. hotsaws101

He does huskys and stihls..

Just met another old cutter that does hop ups out near buckley.

he was selling his new 090av last month. Says he has done lots of mod work.

Turns out we had both worked at the same logging camp but only 10 years apart. Simpson timber in shelton. him in mid 60's and me in mid 70's

got his number if anyone would like to talk to him.

where is tree slingr at?

anybody deal with Jack Bellar in nor cal.

I have tradded parts with him on ebay and talked a few times. He is a nice guy. see his vids on the tube. hotsaws101

He does huskys and stihls..

Just met another old cutter that does hop ups out near buckley.

he was selling his new 090av last month. Says he has done lots of mod work.

Turns out we had both worked at the same logging camp but only 10 years apart. Simpson timber in shelton. him in mid 60's and me in mid 70's

got his number if anyone would like to talk to him.

I've bought parts off of Jack Beelar, I haven't hurd any feedback on his saws.

Jasha is proobably taking a day hike up Mt. Everest. lol

follow up

Hey just wanted to post an update to this... It's been a year and Treeslingr' has done three saws for me (ms460, 066 mag, and ms440) they all turned out really strong. each saw feels like it cuts one class up. esp the 440. The 066 needed to be sorted a bit when I got it back (carb needed to be rebuilt, no fault of Jasha's) If you're looking for a daily work saw and need solid torque increases and a little more on top, this is a great way to go....pricing seems reasonable and all three saws would look very similar on a dyno plot (just my guess). very consistent results. (at least between these three)

Hey just wanted to post an update to this... It's been a year and Treeslingr' has done three saws for me (ms460, 066 mag, and ms440) they all turned out really strong. each saw feels like it cuts one class up. esp the 440. The 066 needed to be sorted a bit when I got it back (carb needed to be rebuilt, no fault of Jasha's) If you're looking for a daily work saw and need solid torque increases and a little more on top, this is a great way to go....pricing seems reasonable and all three saws would look very similar on a dyno plot (just my guess). very consistent results. (at least between these three)

This is good feedback, and consistent with what other customers of his have said.

Bringing this one back from page 2 I cant pm treesling'r for some reason and i Undrstand from othere posts washington prosaws has some issues as of late who is in the PNW

Back