PNW, GTG, DATES POLL(I hope)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Date for the 2nd annual PNW GTG

• Total voters
We hit 50, the perfect temperature!! If you want it hotter, just find a south facing black wall to set up against. 50ish is just right. :clap:

Should I wash this truck? :) It makes a good place to draw diagrams of skid trails and such. It is now even dirtier, but with freezing temps at night I'd rather not have the doors freeze shut.
attachment.php

What do you think boys and girls? Us taxpayers give her that nice new pickup to drive and she won't even wash it once in awhile. :dizzy:

Do we have a date set yet?

Sure lets do it.

The most votes right now(10) says, 3rd weekend. 16th & 17th.

So the 3rd weekend of May will be the second annual PNW GTG.

I'll be gone all next week and probably several after. So now is as good a time as any.
This will be my first class room experience in many many years(where is the nose picker with glasses and pocket protector smily thing). I wonder how this will work. I have been running equipment for years, cats, skidders, shovels, backhoes, trackhoes, etc. Now my employer says I don't have the paper certification to back my ability. So off to school I go to get paper trained on equipment. 13 years on this particular job and now at my expence I have to get a paper backing. EEERRRRR anyone want to spit?

What is there to do in Woodland Wa. in the evenings. I will try and make it up to Madsens just to see and perhaps I will need something while I'm there.

Does any one know how long it takes to get to Madsens from Woodland?

Well setting a date seems to have lifted my spirits. I hope it will do the same for others if need be or even make a good day better.

I'll be back on Fridays for the next while. Hopefully this training will not take long.

Owl

Sure lets do it.

The most votes right now(10) says, 3rd weekend. 16th & 17th.

So the 3rd weekend of May will be the second annual PNW GTG.

I'll be gone all next week and probably several after. So now is as good a time as any.
This will be my first class room experience in many many years(where is the nose picker with glasses and pocket protector smily thing). I wonder how this will work. I have been running equipment for years, cats, skidders, shovels, backhoes, trackhoes, etc. Now my employer says I don't have the paper certification to back my ability. So off to school I go to get paper trained on equipment. 13 years on this particular job and now at my expence I have to get a paper backing. EEERRRRR anyone want to spit?

What is there to do in Woodland Wa. in the evenings. I will try and make it up to Madsens just to see and perhaps I will need something while I'm there.

Does any one know how long it takes to get to Madsens from Woodland?

Well setting a date seems to have lifted my spirits. I hope it will do the same for others if need be or even make a good day better.

I'll be back on Fridays for the next while. Hopefully this training will not take long.

Owl

I am planning on going. Bob, if you wanna wander off I-5 (Yreka) about 20 minutes you can load up with me and park at my house.

:clap: :clap: Okay...I marked in on my calender. Have fun with you "training". I'm sure having that little piece of paper will make you a better operator.:monkey: Just smile and nod your head and try not to fall asleep in class. Snoring always pisses of the instructor.

Sounds good to me. I might go up early, though. Haven't made my mind up yet. We'll get it figured out by then.

I may not even be working by then. Shoot we could load up and make a road trip outta it. I'll bring my camera gear and we can head up 101 from Cresent City and get all sorts of site seeing in.

whooo hoooooo!!! y'all picked a weekend i can be there!!! i am sooooooo excited!!! i'll be ordering my hickory shirt and be ready to smell the smoke!!!

i'm flying to Minnesota during the first week of February-- slowp, you need me to look for any regional Barbi stickers????

Oh, i am so a`twitter, i won't be able to sleep tonight... i'd resigned myself that it was going to be the weekend my Naomi graduates from college-- and that's a command attendance item...

Woodland is around an hour from Madsen's. If you get bored, hop in with the logging crew from there and come on up here. (2+hours) They commute every day. You aren't far from Longview either. That's all I know.

That's a good weekend. I'll make reservations up here for the Used Dog Caring. He's got a girlfriend at one place, and a snarly Jack Russell to contend with at the other. He has pinned the Jack Russell when the Jack attacked him.

Should I bring the Kuliens? Will there be a fashion show? I'm thinking Minnesota would only have Viking Barbie stickers, as in the football team so no need to look. But you might ride that empty tram thingie at the airport. I've watched that thing go back and forth there and wondered where it went. But I have only been to the airport and then flown on to Duluth...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I still have snow in the yard here, or a substance more like glacier ice. :chainsaw:

Woodland is around an hour from Madsen's. If you get bored, hop in with the logging crew from there and come on up here. (2+hours) They commute every day. You aren't far from Longview either. That's all I know.

That's a good weekend. I'll make reservations up here for the Used Dog Caring. He's got a girlfriend at one place, and a snarly Jack Russell to contend with at the other. He has pinned the Jack Russell when the Jack attacked him.

Should I bring the Kuliens? Will there be a fashion show? I'm thinking Minnesota would only have Viking Barbie stickers, as in the football team so no need to look. But you might ride that empty tram thingie at the airport. I've watched that thing go back and forth there and wondered where it went. But I have only been to the airport and then flown on to Duluth...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I still have snow in the yard here, or a substance more like glacier ice. :chainsaw:

Sure...bring the Kuliens. We'll bring the snoose. There's a tradition around here about what to do with new boots.

I'm just getting a post in here. I didn't even know this thread existed. :dizzy:

The wife has a vacation around that time so we're going to try to slip off to ID to spread my friends ashes and then come over to the gtg for at least a day. Don''t know for sure if we'll get there, but I sure would like to get my buddy off my bookshelf. :cheers:

Well, if he isn't there's always...yummy Umpqua ice cream. But I can't think of that right now. There's not enough logging going on so I'm forced to watch what my intake. How about that lettuce?

Well, if he isn't there's always...yummy Umpqua ice cream. But I can't think of that right now. There's not enough logging going on so I'm forced to watch what my intake. How about that lettuce?

well, broccoli slaw is good... so are baby carrots... and rice cakes...

jeeeezzzzzzzzz i think i need to get out the door to work... go eaern monies so i can get to Oregon to enjoy the GTG in May!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!

Latest posts

Back