Pole saw roof rake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I put this together a couple of years ago. It's worked really well for me so I thought I post it for ya.
P1010080.JPG P1010079.JPG P1010078.JPG
I picked up an old shovel at a garage sale for half a buck. Made up a piece of wood to use as a mandrel for pounding the mounting bracket into shape and found some bolts, nuts and washers to put it together. One bolt through the pivot hole for the lopping blade and the other to keep the shovel from rotating. No mods to the pole pruner were required other than taking it apart. In the spring it goes back to being a pole pruner, none the worse for wear.
Next year I might try putting some little wheels on it like the real roof rakes so it's a little easier on my shingles, but it's not too bad as it is if you're careful.

Well, that's cool! I have one that is an actual leaf rake, it's factory though I didn't make it.

Been so long I pret near forgot about getting excess snow off the roof.....

Another mod you could make with that extendo handle is a fruit and nut picker, just bent metal fingers that pull into a small basket.

Our fiskars pole saw is too bendy for use as a snow puller.

We have a commercial snow rake that might be better if I converted it to a pole saw. :D

That white stuff is 'Northern Bug Dust'. For 6 months of the year it falls outta the sky and all the bugs disappear! We shovel it into big piles trying to save it for the other 6 months, but it doesn't seem to last quite that long. Also works great for keepin' the beer cold, but again, it's only for half the year. Just when you need a bug-free day and a cold beer the stuff is gone!

Latest posts

Back