Policia.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have never been known for holding "orthodox" business hours. For me to work at a house till 10PM cutting grass or working until 1 AM delivering supplies to a job is not unheard of. Well last night I got in trouble for holding these strange hours. I went out to my project house in Bedford yesterday to ask the owners for permission to take some slate from a walkway which was being removed. I got out there last night with a friend in his truck at like 9:00 We turned off the engine and just turned the lights on facing the house. Well around 10:30 a cop car pulled into the driveway. Apparently there has been a string of burglaries around the town over the past few days (3 houses were hit that day alone). I explained the situation to the officer and he got all of our information just in case. A few minutes later another cop car pulled into the driveway, and I know that several others were on their way until this guy called them off. The officer said that the burglars are professionals they think so he is worried about when they do get caught about having a firearms confrontation :( I wound up staying there for another maybe half hour and then we took off. The next door neighbor is the one who called the police. Funny thing is... I have worked for this woman once before, but have only met her like 2 or 3 times.

Yes Maam What is the Nature of your emergency?? SOMEONE IS STEALING MY NEIGHBORS WALKWAY HURRY!!!!!!!!! :eek:

We put a cupola on a garage roof in a high-end development about six years ago. While out pricing jobs in the area I get the urge to swing by and have a look after the painter made with the paint. As soon as we pull in the development, there's a clown in a Volvo following us about a foot off the bumper. The cupola looked real purty. That evening, my ground man gets a call from the town police wanting to know what he was up to. Turns out the goof in the Volvo was a self-appointed security force of one who reported a "suspicious vehicle" to the cops. The "suspicious vehicle" was a five week old Dodge pickup. :rolleyes: The town cop was my cousin. :D Case dismissed. :angel:

Back