Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Op you seem to be very knowledgeable about bars and chains, but with all due respect if I have questions pertaining to bar model # etc. I will just go to Oregon's website. I go to the manf of the products I buy for hard data. I come to AS for peoples opinions and some is good and as you've mentioned a lot is bs. :confused:

If a few guys on here had done the same research on bars and chains that you do then this thread wouldn't have been started :) Just remember not to go to GB for advice on DL counts on their longer bars ;)

Opinions are fine, it's when the answer is black and white but they still argue that frustrates me.

Wow, so all I have to do is to read for a sufficient length of time, then I can pontificate with acceptance on here?

My experience has been that reading can only take you to the starting line. Until you forget to put in bar oil even though you mixed your gas at 43.672:1 you will think that gas oil mixture is the only oil issue involved. Until you walk up in front of several competent sawyers at a GTG and try to cut off a cookie with the chain on backwards you wont understand there are more things to chain performance than brand name.

Just my experience. Unfortunately a lot of the old timer threads are gone. My favorite was Art Martin. Just because I read his stuff it never motivated me to stand up and say I was a logger.

Guys how do you list the saws you have underneath your post.. I can't seem to figure it out. Better be good instructions. lOL Thanks

Guys how do you list the saws you have underneath your post.. I can't seem to figure it out. Better be good instructions. lOL Thanks

Go to the top right of the page, click on your 'handle' and it's the second one down on the left.

Let me try,

Brad is easy,BLSnelling
Frank has gotta be, Gink
Bunch o' Randys, gotta be 'matermind'
Couple o' Eds too,
Neil? Young?

Arrowhead Ed.
Now ,Neil Young,....ummm, didn`t think he messed with chainsaws much, pretty good rocker though....LOL

Thanks sachsmo I've only been trying to ffigure that out forever. Should have had my 7 year old son show me me how.

• You guys down under have alot to contend with. I'd be afraid to walk out my ffront door.o_O

Bugger me matt so with my new MM on me old filippy 880 ya more or less saying, that Im not gonna get anymore than 70% more killer wasps??...I was thinking with the MM and very clean air filter Id get at the minimum 75% killer wasps!...oh well back to the drawing board....

View attachment 325382 View attachment 325383 View attachment 325384

And here we go again! Another case of not knowing what is being talked about. Those aren't killer wasps, they are dung beetles! The muffler mod however is top notch!!!!

Latest posts

Back