Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, when did you overhear this conversation between me and my ex?

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!

Oh, and do not forget about this guy in the Portland, OR area. Kevlargaffs/TarzanZipLines. He swears he builds the dogs ballacks of saws. Take a look at this 'hot saw' gem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILTZ-Stihl...022528902?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item43c24b6186

I mean, I am a long bar freak, but a 24 inch bar on a 250? He also sells 24 inch bars on 211 'hot saws'... *cough*

That is actually quite hilarious. His explanation of a hot saw makes me laugh :)

BAHAHAHA!!! Look at this one. What a tosser...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILTZ-Stihl...018834243?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item43c2130143

Last edited:
I like pi.

cohen_last_digit_of_pi_tedxnyed_talk.002.jpg

That is actually quite hilarious. His explanation of a hot saw makes me laugh :)

BAHAHAHA!!! Look at this one. What a tosser...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILTZ-Stihl...018834243?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item43c2130143
Where is the NOT AVAILABE TO JOE PUBLIC come from Any one with a mite of knowledge can buy the bar of that length with the correct mount for the saw you have if available, & a 25 ft roll of PS3 chain. If its a world beater or not I think more depends on the condition/make/model of saw. I wonder on his returns policy if it does not come up to expectations.

Where is the NOT AVAILABE TO JOE PUBLIC come from Any one with a mite of knowledge can buy the bar of that length with the correct mount for the saw you have if available, & a 25 ft roll of PS3 chain. If its a world beater or not I think more depends on the condition/make/model of saw. I wonder on his returns policy if it does not come up to expectations.

The only thing I can think of is that 24" bars aren't available in 3/8"LP so he must be modifying a bar tip to suit. I'm curious to know how he converted a 24" Oregon Power Match Plus to 3/8"LP because to the best of my knowledge LP tips aren't available in this fitting. Probably a standard 3/8" tip that will wreck the LP chain in half an hour :)
He has a lot of contradictions in his ad.

The only thing I can think of is that 24" bars aren't available in 3/8"LP so he must be modifying a bar tip to suit. I'm curious to know how he converted a 24" Oregon Power Match Plus to 3/8"LP because to the best of my knowledge LP tips aren't available in this fitting. Probably a standard 3/8" tip that will wreck the LP chain in half an hour :)
He has a lot of contradictions in his ad.

There's a canon supermini mount/bar. They do come in a 24" mount. He could easily put an LP tip on that...assuming you can get LP for the superminis.

There's a canon supermini mount/bar. They do come in a 24" mount. He could easily put an LP tip on that...assuming you can get LP for the superminis.

I don't know much about what is available for the Cannons but the Oregon one has me intrigued. Not that I'd be stupid enough to do it :)
Do yourself a favour and watch the video of him cutting a large log with the 250. If that is his idea of a fast cutting saw he needs help.

I don't know much about what is available for the Cannons but the Oregon one has me intrigued. Not that I'd be stupid enough to do it :)
Do yourself a favour and watch the video of him cutting a large log with the 250. If that is his idea of a fast cutting saw he needs help.

Any ported 261 should be able to pull a 28" bar with standard square ground 3/8 chain through Douglas Fir like that, really. I am more impressed it's oiling, to be honest. BTW, I just realized I had this guy ship me a Stihl adapter for my Jonsered not too long ago ;)

Any ported 261 should be able to pull a 28" bar with standard square ground 3/8 chain through Douglas Fir like that, really. I am more impressed it's oiling, to be honest. BTW, I just realized I had this guy ship me a Stihl adapter for my Jonsered not too long ago ;)

I'm impressed that he's stupid enough to post a video of it claiming it's a wonder saw.

Look at his sales. Most of selling is marketing dontcha know?

Did you start this thread coz yer still hungover and angry? ;)

I am still utterly banjaxed.

Heh heh. No definitely not hung over. I only had one beer and had a quiet night :) I started this thread as I've been cruising a few threads lately and have been absolutely flabbergasted by some of the answers given to certain questions by those new guys wanting help. It wasn't that long ago that if anybody asked a question all of the old school knowledgable guys would come out the woodwork. Now you have guys answering with total confidence yet not having a clue what they are talking about.

flabbergasted by some of the answers given to certain questions by those new guys wanting help. It wasn't that long ago that if anybody asked a question all of the old school knowledgable guys would come out the woodwork. Now you have guys answering with total confidence yet not having a clue what they are talking about.[/quote]

Maybe it`s that the knowledgeable guys feel abit like me on this[ I freely admit that I`m no expert, but having been in voled in maintaining a total of up to 10 saws at any one time for a Pro logging company for the last 14 years, I consider myself having a working knowledge of saws to the extent of what is required to earn a living for 3 people relying on that knowledge] & when as in the OP you have [advice?] imparted on the forum which contains a load of bu****it you tend to get fed up & walk away, pointless in all the cross posting. Sorry but at 77 i,m to long in the tooth to be fed BS from any one whatever age[ hope no one gets hurt accepting the duff gen as gospel] Sorry just seen my last attempt at a post, assisted by the works cat with a new year hangover[cat that is not me]

Hey Matt, you still have that china made 372 running? My cr@p o china top end is still making firewood. As per the bad advice, I was lucky when I got on this site. Brad, Randy, Neil, Frank and Ed all helped me out TONS. Can anybody name those guys screen names???

Let me try,

Brad is easy,BLSnelling
Frank has gotta be, Gink
Bunch o' Randys, gotta be 'matermind'
Couple o' Eds too,
Neil? Young?

Last edited:
Op you seem to be very knowledgeable about bars and chains, but with all due respect if I have questions pertaining to bar model # etc. I will just go to Oregon's website. I go to the manf of the products I buy for hard data. I come to AS for peoples opinions and some is good and as you've mentioned a lot is bs. :confused:

Latest posts

Back