Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fine,,,, I will just keep my mouth shut,,, but on the other hand I mix everything at 44.7369:1,,, just to be on the safe side,, I also only set my mixture screws out 1/4 turn to save on fuel
What a newb! 1/4 turn is only for the H screw :ices_rofl:, dwag it in hard, wait about 3min and you'll really see some fuel saving gains.

Great comments about advice posted here. Let it ride for a while, don't jump at the first reply. Prudence says wait on a general concensus, but this is a brand new world. Everyone wants it NOW!!!, no time to wait.

I've only read a fraction of this thread as it's not the kind that interest me much.

Sure I've seen bad advice given, but I've never seen it not be corrected in pretty short order.

So you've read a fraction of the thread yet decided to post a reply? You may have missed something that was interesting :)
I've been reading a few threads of late where you think "Gee, Fred would know that answer" or "Jim normally responds on Stihl carby questions". The truth is that Fred and Jim don't end up responding. Fred and Jim probably don't post here anymore.

Well Chris, most of the 'real' saw guys have moved on.......at least those that know anything about mods.

Check out the first 3 pages of the Chainsaw Forum.........how many do you feel like responding to? Same thing over and over again, gets very mundane, let alone the completely useless posts. The influx of new members is good, but perhaps its time to reply to every new post with "use the search function" again................that thing working yet?

Well Chris, most of the 'real' saw guys have moved on.......at least those that know anything about mods.

I check out the first page of threads now and generally can't find anything worth reading. Then I think I can help, answer a few questions with the correct answers, and bingo, end up in an argument with someone who's been here a week. That was only one instance. The site has changed big time since the hack Randy, and it's not for the better.

I check out the first page of threads now and generally can't find anything worth reading. Then I think I can help, answer a few questions with the correct answers, and bingo, end up in an argument with someone who's been here a week. That was only one instance. The site has changed big time since the hack Randy, and it's not for the better.

The other site was sorta hacked by Randy... ;)

Latest posts

Back