Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt you are 100% correct and you did a very good job bringing it up. (I'd have been a little more obnoxious I'm afraid)

I've noticed this myself a lot. I've stopped myself from correcting some of the obvious bad info cause I don't want to come across a some kind of grammar school hall monitor, but there's plenty of bad info. I just wish guys would think a little before they post. Ask yourself a question: Do I know this is accurate, or do I think it's accurate. If your not sure, don't post it. The rule ought to apply to passing things along that someone else posted when you haven't a clue as to whether he knows what he's talking about.

Bugger me matt so with my new MM on me old flippy 880 ya more or less saying, that Im not gonna get anymore than 70% more killer wasps??...I was thinking with the MM and very clean air filter Id get at the minimum 75% killer wasps!...oh well back to the drawing board....

View attachment 325382 View attachment 325383 View attachment 325384

ROFLMFAO!!!

I think I pee'd myself a little. Whether or not you kill the killer wasps, that mod is just about the kewlest muff mod I have ever seen. I think I'll try it on my 394. I bet it sounds great too!!

Bob! I'm so sorry! I forgot to put your name down on the list of guys that helped me when I first got on here. Hey I picked up a couple more fixer uppers, I'll be in touch soon with a list of parts I need.

Matt you are 100% correct and you did a very good job bringing it up. (I'd have been a little more obnoxious I'm afraid)

I've noticed this myself a lot. I've stopped myself from correcting some of the obvious bad info cause I don't want to come across a some kind of grammar school hall monitor, but there's plenty of bad info. I just wish guys would think a little before they post. Ask yourself a question: Do I know this is accurate, or do I think it's accurate. If your not sure, don't post it. The rule ought to apply to passing things along that someone else posted when you haven't a clue as to whether he knows what he's talking about.

I agree Bob......I have (sadly) made some posts that were not totally accurate.. early on......only took a few counter actions by those that knew to set me straight. Now when I answer, unless it is a subject I am quite well versed on.....I do a do a double check on my info before opening my yap....through IPLs or other methods so I don't contradict myself or others.....there is nothing wrong with being wrong.......but not quickly admitting you're wrong and moving on is a violation.....that's what set people apart....

The comments on this particular are usually SKIPPED over by our younger readers-not to their interest. Some of us will now have to carefully judge the comments on AS especially since many of my favorite members have moved on. I'm glad Snelling and a few others haven't given up. I hope our older members will hang in there. We need 'em.
JohnL

How tacky do you think baby oil is? Wouldn't it not "stick right" how about how thick it is?? Would it not pump out too fast and the oil tank run out before the fuel?? Leaving the chain and bar susceptible to wear?? hehehehehehehehe

Back