Poor Hippies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there are. This should scare you. Serious? VERY. These people are INSANE. They are not just mistaken, they are disconnected from reality.

These folks have killed before, and they will kill again.

I mean kill, as in, MURDER. People.

Where? When did they murder anybody other than themselves? One idiot ran under a tree that was felled in N. Collyfonia and was killed. I'd call it suicide.

The main ones I've been around, the leaders, were trust fund kids. They grew up in fairly wealthy homes and so were able to take on their cause. After going through the active protest stage-tree sitting, chaining themselves to gates, etc. they needed to go more mainstream, and a lot have gone back to school and now have advanced degrees in Forestry. They've never worked in the woods and have no experience, but they have that piece of paper saying they are experts, and they are taken seriously as experts.

I have to take them on field trips. They show up late. I tell them we need to go down into the brush so they can see what happens in the real world, they tell me they don't have time and already know because they read about it in school. I have to be nice to them. For you guys, the local group has what one mill honcho said was "so cute, you don't want to argue with her" woman in charge. They don't argue with her.

Then I have to go through paperwork, with their recommendations of how they want a unit logged. I usually have to close the door to my office because I spew some bad language. I go to work with a red pen. :bang:

hippies

thats what happens when you smoke to much crack and eat acid then go out and eat the roots and mushrooms

Earth First is the #1 domestic terrorist organization in the United States.

Maybe. But have they killed anybody? Granted, they're one of the most vocal and extreme of the Eco-Terrorist groups but there are other, quieter organizations that do just as much damage. They're the ones we really worry about.

EF likes to make lots of noise, put on a real show, and get lots of media attention. That's a good thing...it makes them more identifiable. It's great when your enemy not only openly declares his intentions but makes his face known to all.

The real problem with Eco-Terrorists are the ones who just quietly slip in, do their damage, and slip out. They're not after publicity...they just want to cause as much harm as possible. They look like anybody else and they never draw attention to themselves. Those are the ones I worry about.

Earth First is the #1 domestic terrorist organization in the United States.

I doubt that. I've even been to one of their meetings. I didn't like sitting on a floor. At the time 1990, they were telling their folks to quit spiking trees as it didn't "hurt the big corporations." They also said to leave chainsaws alone and stick to vandalizing the feller bunchers because, "they rip giant redwoods out by their roots." At this point I couldn't hold it any longer and started laughing.

Then I had to give them a lecture on logging systems and left their meeting. By the way, they advertised their meeting in the campus newspaper. Not very many people showed up.

They haven't murdered anyone that I know of. Caused financial problems, yes, violence, no, other than dropping jugs of pee onto people below their trees.

Nice people.

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/efdm/efdm.html

Several snowmobiles were hurt up here a few years back and one killed (A 15 year old girl). Commonly believed to be members of earth first or a sister group Earth Liberation Front that set the traps.

Another article on them.

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_blackeye.cfm?oid=271

These people are nuts.

While most of there members are non violent (albeit a bit out in left field) there are a few that act in the name of the group that are truly dangerous.

I have no sources to cite, but if memory serves me, I thought I heard a story years and years ago about some hippie terrorists tampering with the brakes on a logging truck, causing an accident that claimed the life of that log truck driver.

It could have been speculation at the time that they were tampered with, or they could have just failed, I don't remember hearing about any follow up news.

Hippies are unpleasant people, my wife has turned into one over the years, and we have just recently separated. :heart:

Did you do something to Clearance to cause him to call you a cull ....

. Ya don,t want to be called a cull .

.Thats about the worst thing you can call someone in the brush ...????????????
.Did I miss something here ?

I don't know what is up with him, he never did nothing to me, or me too him. Anyways, yes, cull is on helf of an insult, if you understand what it means of course, had to explain it before. I know a few, oh well.

I always wondered how a forest was different from a farm crop. They both are born, live, and are harvested. The forest just takes longer. Nobody ever seems to cry for the farm crop.

Wait a minute my friend, you seem to be way too rational there, that sounds even like logic....:cheers:

can't have that of course...otherwise there would be no need for politics and their hidden agenda's. I wonder who sponsors these lunatics sobbing for trees.

Last edited:
She sounds like a smart lady.:cheers:

and your a azzzzzz of the highest order--hes going thru hell right now--and you as a gold spoon child--ridicule him for it--a real looser--just make sure you keep kissing your relations rear--or has it been all handed over to you??----and you may lose it all also--looser--and if we hear of it here on the forum--well all laugh you out of dodge--like some of us are still laughing at you no longer being a azzz for a mod--crier,gold spoon spastic

Back