Pop ups and windows. Your thoughts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMFAO......

The piling you mentioned was just a knee jerk reaction from a few very good people. We are all just hoping to learn a new trick or two. Treemonkey builds a hell of a strong saw and everyone knows that. If he wants to share something I'm all ears.

I can't copy and paste from my phone,

Go to tree monkey's thread 6401 woods port build. If you want to get an idea why I'm confused.

This forum thrives on the sharing of knowledge. That's what makes us what we are. Anything less won't fly far around here. Even us sponsors share info with each other related to saw building. I've championed that phylosophy as long as I've been here, and it's refreshing to see everyone working together. Many a time I've even refered someone to another builder when I was too busy or thought another builder was better with a particular model.

This forum thrives on the sharing of knowledge. That's what makes us what we are. Anything less won't fly far around here. Even us sponsors share info with each other related to saw building. I've championed that phylosophy as long as I've been here, and it's refreshing to see everyone working together. Many a time I've even refered someone to another builder when I was too busy or thought another builder was better with a particular model.

Good post Brad, I agree 100%. Im just a back woods hack country boy that likes making saws go faster. I've had help from many and many of members, a lot of them are sponsors and make money at what they were helping me with. I have no desire to build others saws, but I sure like messing with my own. I've learnt a lot from this site and its members, and i wouldn't care one bit to share back, of course I don't know much worth sharing. :D

Last edited:

I feel the same way Brad.

One of the best things that came out of Terry's GTGs was seeing that all the guys build strong running saws. Only a small margin separated the builder's saws, and the order would most likely change on different days.

Without you older members sharing your knowledge I would never be building a strong running ported saw. I plan to practice total transparency and share everything I learn with anyone that wants to try it. Will that cost me a customer? I seriously doubt it, most guys I've built saws for say they contacted me because of the detailed build threads I post. That and my wonderful personality. :laugh:

Good post Brad, I agree 100%. Im just a back woods hack country boy that likes making saws go faster. I've had help from many and many of members, a lot of them are sponsors and make money at what they were helping me with. I have no desire to build others saws, but I sure like messing with my own. I've learnt a lot from this site and its members, and i wouldn't care one bit to share back, of course I don't know much worth sharing. :D

id share if i knew anything worth sharing

Says two of the very best saws builders I know. :msp_sneaky:

I don't get it.

Tree monkey put up a picture of it dang near 2 years ago in a build thread, many people saw it, Will, you even commented on it twice in post 27 & 29, now he's getting jumped on for not showing his work. I'll just assume you forgot Will but funny how everyone piled on. I guess I don't blame him for deleting it. Btw, I've ran & own alot of saws built by most of you guys in this thread and just wanted to they all turn into powerhouses when you guys are done, some with pop-ups and some without. Keep up the good work. :)

LMFAO......

The piling you mentioned was just a knee jerk reaction from a few very good people. We are all just hoping to learn a new trick or two. Treemonkey builds a hell of a strong saw and everyone knows that. If he wants to share something I'm all ears.

Maybe it was the smart aleck way in which he replied to the query????

I understand that but obviously have my wires crossed somewhere. My point is he did put up a picture of this now infamous cutter for everyone to see, now that he deleted it some are upset like they've never seen it before even after they commented on it in his thread.

I can understand keeping "full on race saw" stuff secretive, but thats it. Some may do this for a living, and they view it as taking food off their table if they share.

I love to share experiences, techniques and knowlege, it helps all of us move foward. There is no "I" in team as I have been taught many times, but thats just me.

I don't get it.

Tree monkey put up a picture of it dang near 2 years ago in a build thread, many people saw it, Will, you even commented on it twice in post 27 & 29, now he's getting jumped on for not showing his work. I'll just assume you forgot Will but funny how everyone piled on. I guess I don't blame him for deleting it. Btw, I've ran & own alot of saws built by most of you guys in this thread and just wanted to they all turn into powerhouses when you guys are done, some with pop-ups and some without. Keep up the good work. :)

I understand that but obviously have my wires crossed somewhere. My point is he did put up a picture of this now infamous cutter for everyone to see, now that he deleted it some are upset like they've never seen it before even after they commented on it in his thread.

Ok, I honestly have no idea about that. 2 years ago? Hell that was allot of posts ago, sometimes I can't remember what I posted a week ago.

My point wasn't about showing me how he does it, I was just curious since he mentioned it, hell its only cutting a squish band, many people know how to do it, it aint gona change one thing if he shows how he does it.

The point was he came across hacking us down on how we are doing it and his is better, then wont show it. Sorry just doesn't fly with me. If ya don't want to share your work, then just Zip IT.

So, lets just let it be.

so how about windows in pistons? How do you guys feel about that.

Has anyone given one of these a try?.......The rasp was Gypo's big secret, and he swore by them!.......and if I remember right, he won alot of GTG's.......Keep those pictures coming.........Hahahahahahaha!

horserasp.jpg

Latest posts

Back