Popped my cherry!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did we ever build anything or remove anything without hardhats , or being tyed off , all this safety :censored: is just an excuse to get us to buy something..

I used to think that way. I look at things now a bit different. My hardhat doesn't hurt me or slow me down and could save my life. Tying in twice may take an extra second ( if that ) but could save my life. Putting 2 hands on my saw doesn't slow me down in most situations and could save my life. I like things that can save my life, don't you?

I used to think that way. I look at things now a bit different. My hardhat doesn't hurt me or slow me down and could save my life. Tying in twice may take an extra second ( if that ) but could save my life. Putting 2 hands on my saw doesn't slow me down in most situations and could save my life. I like things that can save my life, don't you?
I agree that these things were invented with safety in mind , but now there are so many regulations that it has become in some cases a catch 22 , we need to seriously take a look at where this is going , there will come a time when tree work as we know it now will not exist .

I agree that these things were invented with safety in mind , but now there are so many regulations that it has become in some cases a catch 22 , we need to seriously take a look at where this is going , there will come a time when tree work as we know it now will not exist .

Anyone who knows me knows I love regulation. lol. You're preachin' to the choir here, boss. I hate the cronies involvement like any red blooded human should but that don't mean I'm not gonna take advantage of ANYTHING that makes my job safer or more productive....but mostly more productive. lol.

Anyone who knows me knows I love regulation. lol. You're preachin' to the choir here, boss. I hate the cronies involvement like any red blooded human should but that don't mean I'm not gonna take advantage of ANYTHING that makes my job safer or more productive....but mostly more productive. lol.
They slowing force your hand sometimes without you knowing it , the worker should make the decision not someone who has never performed that job , I spent 6 yrs as a union Ironworker and have seen what OSHA can enforce , our only saving grace is were not in one place long enough for them to catch up lol

They slowing force your hand sometimes without you knowing it , the worker should make the decision not someone who has never performed that job , I spent 6 yrs as a union Ironworker and have seen what OSHA can enforce , our only saving grace is were not in one place long enough for them to catch up lol

If you're looking for an argument you may as well start your own thread.

Yes it is until your find a spot that is not or dryrotted.

That looks like a secondary service wire going to a pole light, from what I can see. Those 120 lines may have a plastic wrap on them but they are not considered to be insulated, ever, unless a special situation crew has prepped them to be. While I know pictures can be deceiving, I would bet good money that your crane is way too close to that secondary. You're lucky to still be around to post on here, if I'm seeing things as they were, that day.

That looks like a secondary service wire going to a pole light, from what I can see. Those 120 lines may have a plastic wrap on them but they are not considered to be insulated, ever, unless a special situation crew has prepped them to be. While I know pictures can be deceiving, I would bet good money that your crane is way too close to that secondary. You're lucky to still be around to post on here, if I'm seeing things as they were, that day.

Like I said, he was a good ways away from that wire. Especially in the pic, even though it's extremely deceiving. All the tops were lifted over that wire and set in the driveway. In the pic the wire is at least 20 feet from the boom.

I dunno , maybe the crane is 20 ft. away, maybe the wires are fake and maybe I'm not real but crane work is fun ain't it ...

are you allowed to have a shackle above the ball and tie into that? or no load line riding at all? maybe set something up on the boom tip?

No load line riding at all. :(

You can ride the hook in the Northern Territory but nowhere else in Australia. If you ever saw Crocodile Dundee you have a good idea how many people are in the NT and how their rules are just a little different to ours. Up untill quite recently the had highways without speed limits and ran races on them that drew nutjobs from all over the world that wanted to see how fast there car could really go.....

Latest posts

Back