Popup vs Flat Top?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00506-X2.jpg here is my other drag bike this a 2009 suzuki hayabusa with lots of mods done to it. oh the picture says proof on it because it came of the wesite lebanon valley dragway, the dragway takes pictures for you so you could buy them. they put proof on it so nobody could screen shot it print the picture out.

A popup piston IMO is a bad idea and for several reasons. One of which is the the fact rings will run hotter when you decrease the distance between the ring and the combustion chamber.

From what I understand, the weakest length in these 10-bolts is the carrier. I put a Detroit Truetrac in this one with a set of 4:30 gears. Knock on wood, but so far so good and 97K miles.
Pretty much. 2 issues with those rear end that I see often even in trucks that don't you're or haul any weight. Spider gears pit and disintegrate and the cross pin egg shapes the hole in the carrier eventually breaking the bolt. When that cross pin comes out it gets ugly! Seen a few with pitted bearing races but that is rare.

If you still have stock axle shafts you may want to upgrade them though. The hardening on them isn't all that good and the axle/wheel bearing tends to wear a groove in them

Latest posts

Back