port and polish cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

325ed

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
how and what do you do to port and polish cylinder i have 064 that i want to do this to

Type port and polish in the search and you will get alot of info.:msp_smile:

That`s cause it takes up pages and pages to explain every time the question is asked and it would take a good porter several hours to explain in detail how to port a cylinder and the piston plus modd the muffler, intake tract and how to bore the carb , make bigger butterflies, eliminate the choke.advance the timing and come up with a better less restrictive air filter
. You want to learn porting then get to reading all the posts available on AS...or not...

You can read post here or find a copy of the two stroke tuners handbook that explains the timing of two stroke engines and how to increase power curves by changing exhaust and intake heights as well as what transfer ports do. The basic port job you can do without too much knowledge is to widen exhaust and intake not touching the top or bottom nor transfer ports. Your best to understand the principle of firing and how to map the duration before attempting this type of work first.

Hit the "stickies" portion of this forum. There is a section on 'porting' threads. This is the tip of the iceberg...

You can read post here or find a copy of the two stroke tuners handbook that explains the timing of two stroke engines and how to increase power curves by changing exhaust and intake heights as well as what transfer ports do. The basic port job you can do without too much knowledge is to widen exhaust and intake not touching the top or bottom nor transfer ports. Your best to understand the principle of firing and how to map the duration before attempting this type of work first.

where can i buy handbook

Back