Porta wrap (large) 3/4 kraken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am taking down the worst removal of my career. It is about 6 ft diameter at the base and I have no idea how tall but it's still 4- 5 ft diameter 50- 60 feet over an overpass and commercial building. When I start rigging that trunk down I am scared I am gonna overload my rig. I dont want to rig short pieces so short they might slip out...

What can I safely set down on this rig? I am using a thimble loopy 3/4 by the way. But its not big enough so should I and could I use rope to lengthen it? I am scared.
I have never felt like this on a tree.

I would take any advice to consideration on removing this trunk safely.

Pictures will never do this tree Justice

Attachments

• Polish_20211118_165740841.jpg
    Polish_20211118_165740841.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 86
Are you committed to a price?
The reason I ask is a crane would make it a whole lot easier.
Snatching wood that big and heavy is sketchy.
For every foot of drop your dynamic load doubles, so being your close on the weight of your pieces (estimate green chart wise) and knowing what your 3/4” will handle you can stay within your parameters.
It’s still sketchy, but you got this.
Crane would be nice though.

For every foot of drop your dynamic load doubles, so being your close on the weight of your pieces (estimate green chart wise) and knowing what your 3/4” will handle you can stay within your parameters.
Yes I am locked in at $15k my partener backed out last second and left me on my own. He was supposed to do the rigging and ground crew but got scared.

I am taking down the worst removal of my career. It is about 6 ft diameter at the base and I have no idea how tall but it's still 4- 5 ft diameter 50- 60 feet over an overpass and commercial building. When I start rigging that trunk down I am scared I am gonna overload my rig. I dont want to rig short pieces so short they might slip out...

What can I safely set down on this rig? I am using a thimble loopy 3/4 by the way. But its not big enough so should I and could I use rope to lengthen it? I am scared.
I have never felt like this on a tree.

Yes I am locked in at $15k my partener backed out last second and left me on my own. He was supposed to do the rigging and ground crew but got scared.
So get some Crane prices.

What kind of a crane would it take to rig this down in 12,000 lb sections? I imagine the cost would be high and I have no crane rigging experience... i wish i knew the cost and what i needed for a crane

I have had diarrhea and been almost unable to sleep since partner backed out. Already had to extend contract time. When this one is done Im laying off a while. Body is too beat for this.

Latest posts

Back