• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ported 288xp PHO $500 obo shipped Needs tlc SPF

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingDavey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to sell a Mastermind Ported 288xp that I received in trade a while back. I only made about a dozen cuts with it. It runs great. It has very good compression (I stopped pulling after 6 pulls and 190psi because my shoulder is messed up.) There is scoring. The intake and exhaust sides of the cylinder have some lite scoring. The piston on the exhaust side has some extremely lite scoring. There doesn't seem to be any machine marks on the piston, almost looks polished. Maybe it ingested sawdust in a previous life? I replaced the oiler side crank seal and o'ring, as well as almost all internal oiler parts (There was pieces of what looked like crank seal gumming up the oiler adjuster screw.) I vac and pressure tested the crankcase and it leaks very, very slowly(like 1 psi in 1 min.). The cylinder base machining has brought the intake tract down causing some small interference issues. With a little love this could be a great runner. The clutch cover/ brake and fuel tank are almost new. Air filter is new with gasket as well as all intake gaskets. It comes with Husqvarna intake and exhaust block-off plates, a new case wall partition thingy, and the old one that I tried to modify to make work better. The saw has basically become more of a bother than I want to deal with right now. I also just bought a new 562xp so I need to recoup some funds. Looking to get $500 or best offer power head only shipped. Not looking to trade at this time. Please ask any questions, I can also provide higher resolution pics and/or take more pics.

Image00013_zpsch6sabkp.jpg

Image00003_zps1zgtbxrb.jpg

Image00009_zpskj3jfcp8.jpg

Image00004_zpstyw4bygi.jpg

Image00011_zpsozod0vyv.jpg

Image00001_zpssud6sywl.jpg

Latest posts

Back