ported 359 pics??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
im curious if theres any ported 359 pics, i just pulled the cylinder off my 359 its sitn on the bench..

its alittle difrent than what i was exspecting. i had planned on cleaning up the ports and maybe just enlargeing the exhaust and makn it glass smooth. but now that i got it tore down i realy am not sure what i want to do..

ive searched and havent found much on the 359. other than its screamer and can scare down trees after porting.

thanks.

opening up the intake roof, figured there be no reson not to open it it some since ive opend up the exhaust startn to wonder if ill be lean now. hopefully not. update soon. maybe shel be running tomorrow.

Evan

opend up the exhaust quite a bit bolted the heat sheaild on to port match no im polishing almost to mirror finish, then ill port match heat sheild to muffler , then i gota figure out what i want to do on the intake if anything.

maybe open it up some and leave it kinda rough, ive never seen a polished intake is it good or bad to polish mirror smooth on the intake side.?

went kinda minumal on the intake roof. never done a saw befor. do you open up the rubber boot at all, i left it along there only open it up at the intake port then blended back to the intake boot.

also i i heard someone mention not running a base gasket was this on factory cylinder or had it beeen decked .

also i noticed timberwolf has something on top of his cylinder. is it the factory cylinder? maybe it had head on it or its an alltogether difrent cylinder than the 359/357, just curious there. ive watched the timberwolf vid over and over trying to figure out whats on the cylinder or if im seeing things.

anyways now i should be makn full use of my muffler modd. the wife will be home soon so i gota get the house in shape cant look like ive been workn on the saw all afternoon.

Last edited:
Back